Locked out of Photobucket vent

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure what happened but I am leaning towards something is wrong with their system and they are not admitting to it. I say this because there are several people complaining about this same dang issue down to a tee.

Yesterday I went to upload a video went to log into my account that I have had 5 years same user name and password. Well my password would not work. Now mind you I had done check my master log to make sure my info was correct and it was. Still a not go. Well apparently the email I registered it will was my old one through an old server 5 years ago. So I can not do a password reset request. Well they said my info was not correct ( I even described 3 pictures that are in my account). I just resent the info again with new picture describes. But so far it is not looking good on getting back into my account.

I have probably close to 500 pictures in there that I may not be able to get back. I have most of them backed up but a few are not.

In case I can not get them back does anyone know of any more free photo accounts to store pictures.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks.
I was just on mine a while ago and didn't have any problems with it.

Flickr is another photo uploading site that I use.. I've been using it longer than Photobucket.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

That sucks.
I was just on mine a while ago and didn't have any problems with it.
me, too - just earlier this evening, as a matter of fact!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone else on another forum was having a similar issue. A few months ago, I kept getting a prompt to change my password, it said it wasn't a security issue, but it needed changed so I was aggravated a little, but I did it and everything is working fine (just went and checked it and uploaded a test pic). I did get a "confirm information" pop up I guess you'd call it, which was kinda odd, wanting me to confirm the info that popped up on the screen.

Can you send them the actual pics that are in your computer that you have uploaded copies to your album from? Surely there is some way to retrieve your information. Your ISP number maybe?

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

me, too - just earlier this evening, as a matter of fact!
I just tried mine again to see if it would work and it did. Did yours have a box thing come up after you logged in earlier saying you could update your information?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I just tried mine again to see if it would work and it did. Did yours have a box thing come up after you logged in earlier saying you could update your information?
yes. since it only asked public info, i filled it out.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm not mistaken, photobucket was recently hacked and has been moving over to another server.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just curious what browser were you using? I tried logging in initially with Opera and it wouldn't let me in. Then I tried with Internet Explorer and it took my info. It had the wrong email (like you a non-working one) but was able to login with my user name and change to a correct email addy.

So you might want to try using different browsers to see if it will take.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just tried mine and it's working - Did a little box appear asking you to change your password due to the fact the site was updating it's security system? It asked me quite a few weeks ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

If I'm not mistaken, photobucket was recently hacked and has been moving over to another server.
Well they are not admitting that and they are not admitting there is even an issue.

LotsO'Cats: Firefox is what I use. But I also tried to log in via IE and its a no go.

lauracatlover: I never got that message. But I will be the first to say that there are weeks where I don't log in over there.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been able to get into mine (finally) but the last few days trying to generate html code has locked up my browser and the rest of my pc. No matter which browser I used (I tried Firefox, Opera and IE).

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Originally Posted by Ping

Well they are not admitting that and they are not admitting there is even an issue.

LotsO'Cats: Firefox is what I use. But I also tried to log in via IE and its a no go.
Actually, they did announce they were hacked a while ago. I can't remember if they sent me an email or was given a link to their discussion in their forum area. They asked everyone to change their password, to be on the safe side.

Since changing my password, I haven't had any problems. But, I did have problems logging in right before they announced the hacking issue.

If it helps at all, I use Firefox and have no problems.

Sorry you're having so many issues. It's a pain but any free service that expands as fast as they do will probably have problems. As soon as I saw they were adding so many new features and the huge size of their site, I figured the road ahead would start to get bumpy.......

Moral of the story, back up all images for any online photo service you use since you never know what the future holds.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got nervous when I read this so I checked out my Photobucket but it seems to be ok. It sure does look different tho. I went on their forum asked what the heck was going on. Sometimes change can be such a hassel. Hope you get things cleared up and you don't lose any of your photo's.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Actually, they did announce they were hacked a while ago. I can't remember if they sent me an email or was given a link to their discussion in their forum area. They asked everyone to change their password, to be on the safe side.
I think it was maybe two to two and a half weeks ago? It wasn't that long. I found out when I tried to go to a link a friend gave me of something she'd uploaded to her account, it didn't work so I went to the main photobucket page where they had the announcement of being hacked.
If a person didn't go to the main page it's their fault, not photobucket's, that they didn't see the announcement.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I got a request to change my password a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I had to log in, although I never log out there, and today I got a pop-up asking me to confirm my personal info (name and D.O.B.). They've become very security-conscious there.

BTW, when I was having some trouble with my account several months ago, the mods who were helpiing me said Photobucket is geared towards Firefox.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

BTW, when I was having some trouble with my account several months ago, the mods who were helping me said Photobucket is geared towards Firefox.
altho i have FF on my mac, & use it @ work instead of IE, i prefer Camino for my home computer.

i didn't even know they HAD a forum, tho!

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know what happened but after I joined up and tried to get pictures downloaded it froze up and I got a security warning message on my computer so now my husband won't let me use it so for now I guess I can't introduce my girls

twokatz