Isn't it amazing....

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how a purring cat can make everything seem alright?

Here's the story. Me and a couple of my friends went out camping to have some fun and celebrate Canada Day. For the most part, we all had a great time except for every one of us getting sunburns. I burned most of my body (everything except my legs and most of my face) and as you can imagine, it's extremely painful.
Well I just got home about an hour ago and the first thing that happened is my little Eric jumped up on my lap and started purring like crazy (just happy to see me I guess) and immediately, the pain from the sunburn disappeared. I'm simply amazed that a cat can make everything else seem insignificant.

P.S.: Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel
My parents are moving out of the city I live in and i'm really close to them so I was crying and tiger came over and cuddled up to me and started to purr and it made me feel better

Happy canada day to you as well!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Pearl is like that... the slightest bit of strain in my voice, a single tear on my face, and she's all over me, mewing and nuzzling. If I'm sitting down, she'll actually stand on my lap with her paws on my shoulders and look at me and mew and nosekiss me... it's just impossible to be upset with her around.
Thank heaven for our kitties!

kernil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe! I'm so glad he helped you feel better! Its absolutely amazing the powers our furbabies have over us

Happy Canada Day!

hllywood

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jubilee has the same effect on me, but the other day she really helped out my roommate, after she found that her boyfriend cheated on her. The purring really helped her feel better!

frootloop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's exactly why I want to get a kitten and raise it, so that we can have a bond. Socks was just randomly acquired, and he tears up my hands and feet (along with some items in our apartment) more than anything else. I've only heard him purr maybe once or twice... and it was for a very brief amount of time, and then he started biting.

hllywood

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FrootLoop

That's exactly why I want to get a kitten and raise it, so that we can have a bond. Socks was just randomly acquired, and he tears up my hands and feet (along with some items in our apartment) more than anything else. I've only heard him purr maybe once or twice... and it was for a very brief amount of time, and then he started biting.
Sounds like my boyfriends cat, its like he purrs right before he attacks...LOL

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it when Arwen lies across my back when I'm relaxing, her purring helps my back pain disappear!