Double Fang?

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I noticed that Teddy has like double fangs. Maybe his adult teeth are growing in? He's about 5 1/2 months old.

Any insight?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're exactly right! His adult teeth are growing in and soon he'll lose his baby canines. If you're lucky you may even be able to find one somewhere after he loses it.

maxcat08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

You're exactly right! His adult teeth are growing in and soon he'll lose his baby canines. If you're lucky you may even be able to find one somewhere after he loses it.
I've never found a baby cat tooth anywhere.....and I have/had three adult cats. I have a little almost-4 month old now. I'll be watching for when his adult teeth come in....maybe I'll get lucky this time and find one. I save all the whiskers that I find....I have quite the collection.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooh... thank god. lol The last time I had a kitten I was like 7 years old, so I'm unfamiliar with all their changes.

... If I find the baby tooth when it falls out, I'll put in under my pillow and see if the cat fairy comes.

maxcat08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rianna

... If I find the baby tooth when it falls out, I'll put in under my pillow and see if the cat fairy comes.
That's sweet. If the cat tooth fairy does come...let us know what you got.....
....and I'll do the same if I find one of Samson's teeth....

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep getting in those adult teeth! Both of my kittens (both are now around 8 months, Roxy's a few weeks younger) had double canines for a while when their adult teeth were coming in. I thought it looked really neat but I wasn't able to get a good clear photo of it. I never found any baby teeth from either kitten...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heres Jack's the week before he got neutered at 6 months, but it dropped out just before he went in. I was on my hands and knees looking for it, but he must have swallowed it?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one or two of Maggie's baby teeth. I was checking the progress & I know that one just fell out right in my hand. I was so happy that I got to keep one. With all three of my boys I could never find the teeth they lost.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of Pepper's. I found it on the floor, and she was without a lower left fang for awhile. I checked everybody's teeth at the time and Pepper was missing it, I would have thought a baby tooth would have been long gone, but her tooth came in just fine. It is slightly shorter than the others.

qsoundrich

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh no I need help! My cat has this on both sides, he's about 6 months old, neutered and he is growing very rapidly. The Vet told me He needs to be put under and have them removed! Should I ignore her and just hope they fall out? I'm starting to become dubious of my vet.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by qsoundrich

Oh no I need help! My cat has this on both sides, he's about 6 months old, neutered and he is growing very rapidly. The Vet told me He needs to be put under and have them removed! Should I ignore her and just hope they fall out? I'm starting to become dubious of my vet.
Don't panic, because even if he has to be put under he shouldn't be out for long. When i told them about Jack's they said if it was still in when he went into be neutered they would just take it out while he was under, but it came out the week before, so theres still time for yours yet, or have they said how long to wait?.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by qsoundrich

I did have a foster cat that had to have his removed because they weren't falling out and he was having issues because of the new ones. It was a simple procedure and he was fine with it.