Any TCSers Auditioning For "Think Like A Cat" TV special on Nov.15?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't that interesting? I'd win with either Muddy or Scarlett. They are so obvious with their responses. But darn, there are no audition points within 600 miles of me.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, Butzie, the soon-to-be celebrity cat lives in an SF suburb. 7/26 or 7/27, we will be there. I should discuss this with her first, though.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, only one of mine would be able to participate - Java loves it when i have visitors, always greets them w/enthusiasm.
the others rarely even make an appearance!
but i'm not too sure how well she'd cooperate, given a car ride of over an hour to get to dallas! so, probably not...

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hennessy would LOVE to be on it. He loves cameras and would come running to play for them!

His OWNER on the other hand... is very camera shy!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nowhere close to me, and the only one I might trust to behave can be a real brat at times. Miss Fluffy is well mannered, but the others tend to spaz when they are out of the house or someone new is here.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend in Denver looked very seriously at this yesterday. As you read thru the fine print, there's a statement in there about if no one qualifies for the $1M prize, then the winner would get a $100,000 prize. There's nothing that states specifically about what would disqualify you. Sounds like they are waggling a $1M carrot to get people suckered in and will only provide $100,000.

The other thing she couldn't find on their site was whether or not you would have to travel to Los Angelos with your cat in late August. She wouldn't want to fly with her cat.

If you are serious, read the fine print.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stumpy would do well with this sort of thing! I would almost consider it, except that I'm going to be in LA the weekend they're in San Francisco!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dear friend in Denver brought her cat Mojo to the auditions in Denver yesterday and she made it through the first round!!!!

Mojo is a deaf white cat with odd eyes (one gold and one blue) and is a huge cat at 22 pounds (the vet claims he is at an ideal weight). He has extremely long hair (his mane measures in at 6 inches) and he gets a summer buzz cut to keep him cool. This year, they gave him a mohawk cut (which we call the Mojo-hawk) and he looks adorable in it.

There were 4 things that they put contestants thru to weed them out. The first was a 20 question quiz about cats. My friend got 16 out of 20 and was told that she did much better than everyone else. 2 of the questions she missed were: how many bones in a cats body (250), and what is the average heart rate (150).

The second was a visit to a cat behaviorist who spent time with the cats and asked a lot of questions about the ability to train the cat. Since Mojo is deaf, my friend spends a lot of time shaping his behavior as he lives with 3 other cats who don't always understand him. The behaviorist was not only fascinated by his eyes (his blue eye is stunning), but impressed that Mojo was responding to her instructions so well.

For the third they put the owner and cat in a room and watched them under hidden camera. My friend didn't realize this is what they were doing and let Mojo out of the cage to chill for a bit. She sat on the floor and he on a chair and she kept him on that chair thru nothing but hand signals (remember he's deaf). The other person in the room kept her cat in the carrier and didn't interact. That person was let go. Mojo made it to the last test.

The last was a video and photo op with the cat and owner. My friend has blue eyes and they got a face shot of both of them with Mojo's blue eye next to her blue eyes. They then video taped them while asking questions such as "what would you do with a million dollars?".

Thru the entire time (it took about 2 hours), everyone was absolutely fascinated by Mojo's eyes and how calm he remained thru all of it. My theory is that since he is deaf, he didn't hear the commotion around them and therefore didn't get startled. His handicap gave him the advantage for a change.

They'll notify her by August 11th if she makes it to the final round in Las Angelos. She's not expecting to go any further so she' not getting her hopes up too high. If he does make it to the final round and there's online voting, I expect everyone on the cat site to vote for him!!!!!

And btw......I pulled Mojo out of a kill shelter in Kansas and fostered him for a while until my friend drove out here from Denver to take him home. So Mojo has a very special place in my heart. Mojo had a vulcan mind meld with my dog Spike while living with us (he stood on top of his head one day) and we always joke that he turned into a dog that day. The folks at the contest basically admitted that they were looking for a dog in cat's clothing.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My dear friend in Denver brought her cat Mojo to the auditions in Denver yesterday and she made it through the first round!!!!
That's a cool story. Thanks for sharing. Any chance we can see pics of Mojo?!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

That's a cool story. Thanks for sharing. Any chance we can see pics of Mojo?!
I've got pics of him in Photobucket but like many here, haven't been able to log in for a while. I'm trying to get that corrected so I can post pics soon.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so COOL! I hope Mojo makes it to the finals. We all might actually know someone, who knows someone who has a famous cat! (Isn't that like the Kevin Bacon therory?
) Let us know what happens! If he does make it through believe me I'll be voting for him!

Just listening to the requirements or tests they had to go through, any of mine would be kicked out after 5 mins with the behavorist. Lets just say mine are VERY hardheaded! But, Gizmo would have loved the photo shoot.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been planing to take Butzie to SF that Sunday, but I realize that it is at least a 40 minute drive and she hates cars. Cat trivia test? No problem. There is Google.

So, I will let you know. Mojo may be a tough kitty to beat.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I've got pics of him in Photobucket but like many here, haven't been able to log in for a while. I'm trying to get that corrected so I can post pics soon.
i can view my pics w/o logging in. i only have to login when i want to upload new stuff.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I had been planing to take Butzie to SF that Sunday, but I realize that it is at least a 40 minute drive and she hates cars. Cat trivia test? No problem. There is Google.

So, I will let you know. Mojo may be a tough kitty to beat.
No google allowed. You take a written test in front of them.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you not log into Photobucket since they've had that password changing thing a while ago (they recommended a password change for "increased security")? Because I know people who couldn't log in with their new password, but could if they tried their old password.
I hope to see some pics of Mojo. He sounds like a fabulous cat.

And to anyone who's entering, good luck! It sounds really neat!