I'm Missing My Mom Today

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today would have been my Mom's 82nd birthday. She died 30 years ago on February 14, 1978.

It's been so long that there are years that I forget to mark this day, but this year I remembered. I celebrated with a maple walnut ice cream cone. Her favourite flavour of ice cream.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It's been so long that there are years that I forget to mark this day, but this year I remembered. I celebrated with a maple walnut ice cream cone. Her favourite flavour of ice cream.
That's awesome! I'm a big fan of celebrating the lives of people we lost thru their favorite things. For dad, we'll eat a big porterhouse steak (he was a butcher). For mom, I'll watch the Sound of Music (her favorite movie).

to you on your mom's birthday.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having the same issue, Canada Day was my Dad's Birthday, He died september 2 1977, at the age of forty. My Dad always said that the whole country celebrated his birthday. That's why tomorrow is even more special to me. I will be having a piece of cake for him.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i kinda feel like you do since on the 27th it was my grandma's birthday and my mum and I always light a candle for her
for all of you who have lost someone special and still feel the loss to this day

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry - you never get over losing your parents
That's a nice way to remember her though!