9 days off what to do?!?

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The time has finally come for my vacation time. I plan on going to Cali to see my family later on in the week. I love it. But since I'm home it gives me time to take care of myself so I was wondering if any of you had some recipes for at home acne masks. My skin has taken a nose dive lately and I know there are things I can use at home that are much better than anything I can buy at the drugstore.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Recipe: 1 egg and 1 lemon

Remove egg yolk, and beat egg white in a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of a lemon, mix to form a dense paste.

Sound too simple? Have a little faith. Egg whites are fantastic to remove extra oil, the lemon juice works to balance any colour imperfections (eg from "mostly gone" pimples)

Or you could try mixing about 1/2-3/4 a cup of cooked oatmeal (deep pore cleanse) with a small amount of pureed onion (which encourages collagen activity) and honey (for thickening).

Either will work great!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any remedy for you but I feel like commiserating with you. I just scheduled an appt. with my dermatologist, who, at my age, I see rarely. But every now and then, I get a cyst on my face. It is not just a zit. It's this, I don't know, mass that will not go away unless it is either incised and drained (not a good choice) or injected with Cortasone. So, next Tues. or sooner if there is a cancellation, I am going to get this cyst injected. That's right. A needle to your face. Given the size of this one and based on many painful past experiences, this one will need more than 1 injection.

I am so not happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

Recipe: 1 egg and 1 lemon

Remove egg yolk, and beat egg white in a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of a lemon, mix to form a dense paste.

Sound too simple? Have a little faith. Egg whites are fantastic to remove extra oil, the lemon juice works to balance any colour imperfections (eg from "mostly gone" pimples)

Or you could try mixing about 1/2-3/4 a cup of cooked oatmeal (deep pore cleanse) with a small amount of pureed onion (which encourages collagen activity) and honey (for thickening).

Either will work great!
Thanks I'll have to give that one a try. Sounds quick and easy just my style.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Enjoy your time off!
Thanks I was counting down the days

Originally Posted by butzie

I don't have any remedy for you but I feel like commiserating with you. I just scheduled an appt. with my dermatologist, who, at my age, I see rarely. But every now and then, I get a cyst on my face. It is not just a zit. It's this, I don't know, mass that will not go away unless it is either incised and drained (not a good choice) or injected with Cortasone. So, next Tues. or sooner if there is a cancellation, I am going to get this cyst injected. That's right. A needle to your face. Given the size of this one and based on many painful past experiences, this one will need more than 1 injection.

I am so not happy.
That sounds painful I'm sorry. I've been debating going to a dermatologist. My skin will have a nice reaction to some cleansers for a few weeks then all of a sudden I get these huge breakouts. Like right now I was using Noxzema at night to remove my make up and the days oil then in the morning I was using Biore ice cleanser it worked great at tightening up my pores and my skin was almost clear then all of a sudden these painful ones started appearing.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tea tree oil is the only product that works wonders for my acne prone face. I dilute 5% tea tree oil w/ 95% water and apply the solution to my face 2x daily. It's been several months and I have yet to see any breakouts. Whenever I feel one under the skin, I dab full strength tea tree oil 2x a day and it goes away 2-3 days.

isabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
^^Just be careful; Tea Tree Oil is deadly to cats. I pitched mine, nothing is worth the chance of my cats accidentally ingesting it.