*****KatKwiz! - June 30 - truly bizzare*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a post I made this last Saturday:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170349

When I made the post, it was for real. I had signed off of TCS and did a few other things looking for new KatKwiz questions. I did not remember everything I had done and although I had not intended it to be a KatKwiz question, now it is! Everything stated in the thread is true. I just came from there and now realize that I created unwittingly, one heck of a KatKwiz!

I now know the answer, it was not just signing off, it was something else I did. The necessary information is in the thread to answer my original question and then my further observations of not seeing username and usertitle enhancements.

The answer is _______(one or more steps)_______.

An extra thousand points if you can figure out any reason (other than having a KatKwiz question) that anybody would ever want to do this.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is you went to user cp and then edit options to click on invisble mode (I think that's what you mean by signing off) Then at the bottom instead of save changes you hit reset fields. That's the only thing I can think of.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im my opinion someone would want to do this if they were using a public computer or a family computer and they didn't want other people looking at their stuff?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK so I'm dumb.
I couldn't figure out what Lee meant by "signing off" It just dawned on me that he logged out of TCS. DUH Oh well, can't change my answer now.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I'm going to give this a shot...just for fun!

I tried just logging off, but I could still see everyone's usernames and all that... so that wasn't it. Then I tried choosing the invisible option, like luvmycat1 said, but that didn't really change anything either. But I did find something else in the UserCP that did something interesting:

Did you go to User CP, choose to Edit Options, then under Thread Display Options, did you un-check the boxes to Show Signatures,Show Avatars and
Show Images? In the caption above those options it explains that you may want to do so if you have a slow internet connection, or want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

When I did this, the siggy's and avatars did go away, but I think the title enhancements are still visible...so that's probably not right either. Did you log off, then clear all your cookies or disable them somehow? I wonder what that would do... hmmm...interesting quiz!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

Did you go to User CP, choose to Edit Options, then under Thread Display Options, did you un-check the boxes to Show Signatures,Show Avatars and
Show Images? In the caption above those options it explains that you may want to do so if you have a slow internet connection, or want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

When I did this, the siggy's and avatars did go away, but I think the title enhancements are still visible...so that's probably not right either.
You're right, the color enhancements are still visible when you do that. Changing the forum skin could make the enhancements "invisible", depending on the choice, but if you're logged out, you should be getting the Forum Default Style (ketchup and mustard), and the enhancements are visible with that skin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

Okay, so I'm going to give this a shot...just for fun!

I tried just logging off, but I could still see everyone's usernames and all that... so that wasn't it. Then I tried choosing the invisible option, like luvmycat1 said, but that didn't really change anything either. But I did find something else in the UserCP that did something interesting:

When I did this, the siggy's and avatars did go away, but I think the title enhancements are still visible...so that's probably not right either. Did you log off, then clear all your cookies or disable them somehow? I wonder what that would do... hmmm...interesting quiz!!!
Here is what I told you Saturday:

For sure you will. Nobody with your few posts has ever won yet but we did just have a winner with only 80 posts so it is definately just a matter of time!

I knew it was just a matter of time, just didn't know it would be that quick!!

You answered everything so you get 3,000 points! And you go on record as having the least number of posts in history to win a KatKwiz!

Oh, I am always invisible. That means that nobody can tell when I am getting ready to post a KatKwiz. And when I have those checked, it just means I cannot see the enhancements, including mine.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You just left one question unanswered: Did I have all this planned Saturday? Just for fun?

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You've got to be kidding me!!!! I can't believe I actually got it right! I really didn't think that I was right...just having fun trying to figure out what you did! I am in shock and disbelief...but very happy and excited!

I never did get the chance to thank everyone for the encouragement on Saturday...I did appreciate it. And as you can see, you gave me the incentive to try! Yay! Now, of course, I'm going to be addicted to the KatKwizzes! Yikes!!!