Daily question …..06/30/08

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning my dear friends…
Mr Moonday is here!...

Today I have the privilege to post here your daily question for the Lounge…
I want to mention that all questions here are just for the unique porpoise of fun and of course, to stay in touch with all members, and to know what do you think about it…
of course sometimes some questions are a kind of silly but funniest in the bottom!..
… so lets begin…

-How old you was when you drink your first Beer? ( or your first alcoholic beverage?)

PS: (
I never talk about to get drunk!...
...)

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never had any beer but I do love a good margarita. I was well into my 20's before I had any kind of mixed drink.

I did have some really good shots of Patron the night of my sons graduation a few weeks ago.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not counting the sips of mom and dads drinks when we were growing up I would say 16 years of age!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
don´t think another stuff....

I was 11 years old when I drank my first cup of Champagne in a weedding a friends from my fathers.....(of course I was hide from they...
..) but until 13 years old in a vacations with some relatives I drank my firts beer!..

don´t ask me about the Tequila!....

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Not counting the sips of mom and dads drinks when we were growing up I would say 16 years of age!!
Though I don't remember for sure if I was 15 or 16!

I do remember being about 11 and asking for a sip of my mom's homemade drink- lemonade and something (I was too young, didn't know what the alcohol was!) and she said no because it wasn't good for me, and I was so mad that she was drinking something "so bad" and wouldn't let me!
They loosened up a bit as I got older, of course.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a few sips of beer to taste it a few times when I was younger, but I actually drank part of a Bacardi Raz when a bunch of relatives got together for a hs grad party for my cousin and I.. and I was 18 at the time.

I didn't care for it though, so I let my cousin have the rest of it.
I never drink anything alcoholic, I think it all (that I've tried anyways) tastes pretty nasty.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I learned to pour my Dad's beer (he didn't like a head on it) when I was 4 or 5 and, not surprisingly, snitched a sip, which put me off beer until I was in my 20s.

My parents were realists, though, and believed that if a child made the acquaintance of alcohol in the home under supervision, there was much less chance of it being a problem later. I began having a glass of wine with them whenever they had it -- Sunday dinner, for the most part -- before my teens. I can't say I remember my first hard liquor -- it was kind of a non-event -- but somewhere in my mid to late teens would be my guess.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was about 12
I blame my mum and her "medicinal whiskey to help the chest cold"

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was six, I went out to dinner with my family, including my grandmother. She ordered a beer. I asked her if I could taste it. She put on her most serious face and said, "Of course." So I did.

It did the trick. I didn't touch beer again until I was in my mid-20's

The same thing with whiskey. My childhood best friend's mother used to care for an elderly woman who really enjoyed her whiskey
Thusly, they kept her whiskey in the cellar. Well, I was about 11 or 12, and, being the troublemaker I was, I told Sarah that we should go into the cellar and have some of Mrs. Coleman's whiskey. One sip and I thought I was going to die. Didn't touch whiskey again until my 22nd birthday, haha.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my grandpa gave me some Coors Light when I was around 4
And I used to take a random sip of my dad's beer growing up.

The first time I got drunk though was at 14. At my cousin's wedding. That started 2-3 more years of getting drunk when I could with my best friend. Now that I'm 21, I don't drink all that much
Maybe one or two fruity drinks with dinner when we go out, the occasional beer or two, or a glass of wine.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was about 4 years old, my dad was drinking a beer and I wanted some. He gave me the tiniest sip and I remember how AWFUL it was. I've never touched one since!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well when I was three, my scottish uncle thought it was funny that the italians let their children take a sip of their wine, so he gave me a whole glass full while my mum was doing the dishes and my dad was watching tv. After a few minutes my mother saw me walking around all so wobbly and asked my uncle what had happened, of course he was just pissing him self laughing. He thought it was hilarious. A few hours later i chucked and felt really sick for the rest of the night and next day.

As a teenager my mother used to buy me and my friends alcohol. When i look back now, i feel bad, because i see all the negative signs
But of course back then I thought she was cool and so did all of my friends.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was 16 I tasted dad's beer & haven't drank a drop since!

Otherwise, my 21st b-day when my next drink. And that was a girly fruity thing.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I purposely drank beer when I was 12 but I am sure I had tasted it before then. I currently do not drink any alcohol now.