Are these Grain Free foods new?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a couple kinds of grain food on Saturday that I was not farmilar with. Previous attempts at switching to grain free did not go well, so I thought I'd try these. The first was by Merricks. It's calld B. G. (Before Grain). So far the cats like the dry food. Jordan loves the wet food, but then I noticed that the can has a comment about not being total nutrition. The dry food does not, but I did not notice and AFFCO approved comment either. Then there was another wet food I bought for Jordan it starts with a W, I can't remember the name right now, but he really likes it. That one is AFFCo approved and the lable says it's all produced in the US. There are huge chunks of fish. Given that Jordan continues to lose weight (from 14 lbs a year ago to 11.3 last week) I am trying to increase his nutrition, and feed him 3x a day when ever possible. He did eat 3x on Thursday & Saturds, which makes me laugh because 9 oz of wet food in one day does not sound like a cat with lymphoma to me. Just curious. He does like one flavor of Evo, bot does not like Natures Variety of grain free.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not new( about 6 months ) just hard to find... I thought all were supplemental can you give the flavor??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The B.G. dry food flavor is Tuna

The other brand that started with a W flavor was Hawian Luau & another flavor was something like SkipperJack.

**EDIT**

I just found the food it's Weruva, and it was Polynesian BBQ, that he loved! I thought it was grain free, but maybe I'm wrong. Is this a good food?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weruva??? I don't even know if that's a grain free, or even close, only thing I can think of right now that starts with a W.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it was Weruva. I may have just gotten confused about what food was what. I looked at so many differnt foods the other day trying to find a good option for Jordan.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Yeah, it was Weruva. I may have just gotten confused about what food was what. I looked at so many differnt foods the other day trying to find a good option for Jordan.
I hear ya. When I was searching for foods Damita
would eat her last few months, man, I looked at so many my head was spinning.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I think Weruva is a good food. There are some flavors that have a thickener such as potato starch and baby corn or rice, I prefer the ones that don't - the paw lickin' chicken is one, peking ducken is another, marbella paella. You just have to check the ingredients list...but this is truly a favorite line of foods for me.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know he will eat FF Medlies & just recently he is willing to eat the regular FF foods again, but given his weight loss I wanted to try to add at least 1 really good meal a day. He's been doing really good, last night he was running around like a crazy man. He was super happy & trying to play with the other cats. The only thing in his blood values that was off was his Blood Calcium is still too high. If I knew he was going to be leaving me soon I would let him eat what ever, but I just don't know.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently got a small bag of the Before Grain. I had left a bowl of that and a bowl of Church's regular food (Instinct Rabbit) out for him for a week. At the end of the week, the bowl with the Instinct was still full! Apparently he likes the Before Grain.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I recently got a small bag of the Before Grain. I had left a bowl of that and a bowl of Church's regular food (Instinct Rabbit) out for him for a week. At the end of the week, the bowl with the Instinct was still full! Apparently he likes the Before Grain.
just make sure to read all the % and ingrediants... BG for dogs is good for cats it is so so IMHO