Can't believe my eyes!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Driving ona busy road on Saturday, I glance over to my right and can't believe what I see. Inside a compact car, on a large wooden perch is a gorgeous blue and gold macaw! Right there... on a perch.. in the back seat of the car! Then I see a second birdie head and body... not sure what kind it was... macaw or parrot.

So.... when I stopped at the light I honked my horn and put the window down... and yelled... "Are those macaws"? And the people in the car said yes... then they started saying hi, hi! And one of the birds peeked around the driver's head and said "Hi, hi, hi!!!" Tooooooo much.

Actually, I wouldn't feel safe driving with the birds uncaged like that... what if they get into an accident... those birdies would have absolutely NO protection!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently saw a GORGEOUS Blue & Gold at Americade Bike Week in Lake George, NY.

The couple was riding (through the vending area, not on the road) with the parrot perched up on the left handgrip next to the rider's hand, and they had an attached sidecar that was covered over, like a bubble-cap.

I asked about it and they said their bird rides inside the sidecar when they are on the road.

I was kind of jealous.

But those birds are sooooo big, I sure don't want to be the one cleaning up their "bird-bombs!"

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Macaws are gorgeous! Not only do they have big poopies but they live a long time.
A good breed of bird I have to agree with that, the 'bird bombs' don't seem like fun to clean up!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that sure would be something to see as your driving for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sped up and tried to pace them to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to clean up after them!

On a sadder note, my sister's parakeet, Sky, passed away this morning. He was a special little birdie and would eat bits of fruit from my finger and chatter a blue streak. My sis taught him to say, "Tweet, tweet, chirp, chirp!"
I will miss him.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

But those birds are sooooo big, I sure don't want to be the one cleaning up their "bird-bombs!"
Actually, some are very well mannered, you would be suprised.
My macaw will only poop inside his cage or on his playstand.

They must love going for rides and getting all that extra attention.
I would never feel safe enough to do that with mine though.

I love the way that my blue and gold smells after he has been outside or has been sitting in a breeze though. Smells kind of fruity.