watery eye? light yellow discharge?? :(

didi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok i dont know why im such an id*ot X_X when it comes to cats all of a sudden

my 3 yr old Coco has a watery right eye (her right my left) - this morning I woke up and thought she was giving me a dirty look *kind of like a "hey-pirate glare:: __ then i noticed it was wet (she's a calico its kind of hard to tell sometimes...)

so I grabbed her and looked at her eye, and kind of pulled it back to see if it was irritated and it didnt look red (the white part) but it was watery and kind of had a light light yellow discharge ( i wiped it with a cotton ball)

is this because she might've gotten some dust in her eye or could this be anything worse, i dont think its conjunctionvisit *is that how its spelled?* since she's never had this before

but its worrying me since nothing weird or bad has ever happened to Coco

My kitten alex who I thought had a cold is now fine X_X still sneezes, no runny poo anymore and refuses to use his own litter box (both cats go in one now) -- Coco is very grumpy bout that X_X;;

sooooooo anyone else have had a runny eye cat thats' been fine? XX I think im a over-worrier

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my Pixel has watery eyes - w/staining to go with it. i had one vet say he thought it was a blocked tear duct - repairable surgically, but he didn't recommend that unless she needed surgery for something else, & then they could add that in.
you can kinda see the staining in this pic - it's mostly her right eye, 'cause it's white higher up there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

didi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

my Pixel has watery eyes - w/staining to go with it. i had one vet say he thought it was a blocked tear duct - repairable surgically, but he didn't recommend that unless she needed surgery for something else, & then they could add that in.
you can kinda see the staining in this pic - it's mostly her right eye, 'cause it's white higher up there.

Coco's got her eye kind of halfopen, everytime i wipe it with a cotton ball she opens it for a while before it gets too watery again...

It's still like that today, cept now its kind of pink
I think I'll moniter it another day before I rush her off to the vet? or shoudl Ijust take her after work >< ACKKK

I dont know if this helps but she's not wiping or rubbing it so I assume it doesn't bother her?
I have this weird feeling the little cat wacked her in the face since she's not officially growling and hissing at him again but I dont know if this is just because he's way too rowdy and she's just plain annoyed w/ him period and has nothing to do w/ the eye

I feel so bad I love pirates and all but I dont want a one-eyed pirate cat ><;;;;
help ;_;

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, they're going to whack each other - mine do all the time. i keep the clawed cats' claws clipped, & also apply soft paws [i need to do this again, tho!!]. have you clipped Alexander's claws?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since she's not opening it fully, I'd say it's definitely irritated and to avoid any type of damage to the eye itself, I'd take her to the vet. I'm a bit concerned about the discharge as that's usually a sign of conjunctivitis and/or an URI, especially since it's got a yellow tint to it. If it were caked on/dried on brown or just clear watery discharge, I wouldn't worry. In my book, better safe than sorry, especially with her not opening her eye all the way, something's bothering her.

Stephanie

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
take your sweetie to the vet pepe my cat had watery eyes and was sneezing and had a URTI which he was on meds for 10 days
just to be safe go to the vet

didi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I got obsessive and researched this and I concluded she did get wacked in the eye and got an infection perhaps a bit of conjuncivitis
i wiped her eyes with clean warm water cotton balls and bought that Newton Homeopathic Remedies/ Eye irriation for Cats oral droplets and she hated it but this morning her eye almost looked fine.. the redness is going away an dshe can open it, If i just wipe her eye in the morning she seems to be okay until I come back home, and she's just got a few eye boogers

I also went and got Feliway to hopefully get the cats to calm down more

and yes - Alex gets his nails clipped once a week - so does Coco - I dont want neither of them to have any bloodshed. I've been keeping the two separated as much as possible for the past 2 days...
I'm not so worried anymore
thanks for everyone's help

(had no idea when I'd add the 2nd kitty i'd open up a world of cat-issues ><;

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DiDi86

(had no idea when I'd add the 2nd kitty i'd open up a world of cat-issues ><;
just wait until the 3rd! [or 4th....or 5th...
]

didi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

just wait until the 3rd! [or 4th....or 5th...
]
oh god i know i had to catch myself the other day lookin at shelter sites again X,X;