AHHHHGGG I forgot!!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the risk of being unpatriotic, I hate the fourth of July. Every cretin within a 2 mile radius is setting off fireworks. One of them must have exploded right outside my back window, It was really loud, and when I looked out it was smokey and smelled of sulfur. I can't stand the morons that live around here. IT is so dry, and to set these things off in a residential neighborhood is just stupid. Dumb kids, just like their dumb parents.
The cats are scared to death. I guess this will be going on for a whole week, since the fourth is next friday.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean last night some idiots let some off and we have smoke from the Fires. Then Govenor said try not to use fireworks this year because the fire danger and smoke already. Its very dry here.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think it should be illegal to sell fireworks beyond "sparklers" to anyone who does not have professional training to set those fireworks off, and an appropriate license to do so.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it too. I am terrified of loud noises so this is a horrible time for me.
I completely understand what the cats are going through because I just about jump out of my skin when I hear one go off. Thankfully we live on a relatively quiet street and don't have to worry about the noise so much, just once in awhile. Not looking forward to the fireworks because I'll be working and very near them... (UGH!)

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is a thread about disliking fireworks but I like them. Yes they can be dangerous but they are fun. I'm a bit wary however because one year I got chased around by one of those metal disc types that fly up into the air. Also, one year DH was having bottle rocket wars with his friends and the hot wick flew back and burnt him on the eyelid. Needless to say he learned his lesson. People in my neighborhood light fireworks but they are respectful and don't do it really late at night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I really think it should be illegal to sell fireworks beyond "sparklers" to anyone who does not have professional training to set those fireworks off, and an appropriate license to do so.
I think it is illegal. It around here. I think they buy them in other states and bring them here. But even though it is illegal, it isn't enforced. The police will come and tell them to knock it off, but I doubt anyone gets fined or arrested. If that would happen a few times, it would stop.
I like looking at fireworks in a controlled enviorment run by professionals, ONLY. Anyone else who fools around with them is just plain stupid, as all the news will report after the fourth when they list the missing fingers and limbs.
I mean really, how dumb can you get????
Why not just start stabbing yourself in the face? I would prefer that, at least other people don't have to be disturbed by your stupidity.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's legal to buy them where I live. In fact they have stores dedicated to that kind of stuff. And anyone can go and buy them too. No special skills required.

Years ago I lived in the upstairs of a house that had wood siding. The neighbours next door were setting off all kinds of fireworks rockets in their backyard and the sparks were flying all over the place and raining down on our house.

I called the police and was horrified to learn that they aren't breaking the law, and that it was perfectly fine for them to be setting off fireworks in their back yard.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love fireworks but I hate that our neighbors set them off at all hours of the day and night. They've been going off nearly every day since the first part of JUNE! One of my dogs, Thunder, is absolutely terrified of them so he hasn't been a very happy boy this past month.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People were having a good time Saturday night as lots were going off.
The soon to be new "neighbors" ((3rd home in a quarter mile) are really big on fireworks so it will be interesting to see if they will have a display this year or not.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

The cats are scared to death. I guess this will be going on for a whole week, since the fourth is next friday.
Tis the season of closing the windows and turning the stereo up really loud.

The fireworks are going on in earnest here also. Kansas has a ban on them but folks just drive over the Missouri border to purchase them. I don't mind them, but the dogs in the neighborhood (most of them outside dogs) are going berserk right now. Our neighbor's dog, who comes into our house during any thunderstorm, is camping by our patio door and scratches to come in every time someone lights them up in the neighborhood. Yes, I'm the scared dog protector in the neighborhood and they all know it.