Kitty zits on her back? Bug Bite? What could this be?

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a picture but I'm going to try to take one tomorrow. I was snuggling with Matilda (despite her hating it
) and was petting her and noticed two little bumps on her back under her fur. Her hair is normally very long but I had it shaved a month ago because of the heat. Anyway, they are each about the size of an apple seed, but round. They look like zits, but aren't super red. It kind of looks like there is pus in them and they are slightly raised. They are near each other, but too far apart to look like a spider bite (unless it was a huge spider...and I don't know that it would even look like that). There is a smaller, but similar, one on her neck.

She is very prone to feline acne on her chin but I don't know if that is relevant.

She is an indoor-only cat and has never been outside, at least not since I've had her (she had a prior home before I adopted her last October). She does like to lounge in the sun and is mostly white, so maybe it is sun related?

I'm at a loss. They don't look too alarming, but I'm just not sure what they could be.

Any ideas?

(will try to get a picture up soon)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bumps are best dealt with by the vet if it is nothing likely all the charge should be is a office call

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Bumps are best dealt with by the vet if it is nothing likely all the charge should be is a office call
I am going to make an appointment with her at an all-cat vet clinic about an hour away, but they aren't open today (Sunday). There is a closer vet clinic to where I live that I might just take her to instead to save time.

I did manage to get some pictures but they are hard to see, and it was hard to keep her still. This picture is of the one on the back of her neck. It kind of looks like a mole? It is more red in real life. Could they be bumps/cuts from when she was groomed a month ago? (eek)

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It looks to me like a wart or a sebacious cyst-both which are relativly harmless. I work at an all cat clinic in Westminster, CO. Which one were you planning on taking her to?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittycorner

It looks to me like a wart or a sebacious cyst-both which are relativly harmless. I work at an all cat clinic in Westminster, CO. Which one were you planning on taking her to?
i was thinking it looked like a wart, too...

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't know yet, the closest all-cat clinic is still an hour away (Boulder Valley Cat Clinic), and then there is one 20 minutes further in Broomfield (Cheshire Cat Hospital). I just moved to Colorado a month ago so I haven't been to any vet here yet. I'm studying for the bar exam and don't know if I want to spend that much time driving when there is a regular vet right down the street. (I am in Estes Park right now).

It doesn't have the bumpy texture like warts I've seen on people. Where is a good place to take her? Wherever I end up taking her, I want to see if they can do a skin scraping or maybe even a biopsy because of her chin acne that we've been treating in various ways with since October.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work for Cheshire Cat Hospital and I know it is a drive but we have been around a lot longer than Boulder Valley, I am not trying to solicit business, just trying to get your kitty feeling better. We can do everything you mentioned you wanted to do, just give us a call if you want to make an appt. I hope the best for your kitty-feel better little one!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I work for Cheshire Cat Hospital and I know it is a drive but we have been around a lot longer than Boulder Valley, I am not trying to solicit business, just trying to get your kitty feeling better. We can do everything you mentioned you wanted to do, just give us a call if you want to make an appt. I hope the best for your kitty-feel better little one!
Oh cool, I will make an appointment there.

Do you think this sort of thing needs to be looked at right away, or can it wait until after July 30th (the last day of the bar exam)?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
keep an eye on it ... if it changes in any way GET in ASAP...

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry-was not able to get to a computer yesterday. I would say that if it is not bothering her at all and it doesn't change size dramatically then it can probably wait, but we do have Saturday appt. available from 8-1pm. Maybe you could come down on a Saturday? Feel free to give our office a call and I can talk more with you about what it looks like and maybe get you an appt. made. It will be great getting to meet you and your kitty!