Grr! Babysitter Rant!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So one of our friends had been babysitting my kids for me for the summer.
Well, She doesn't have a car, so I would go pick her up every morning and drop her off in the evening.
Granted, she was only asking for $40/week because really all she had to do is make sure they didn't do anything they're not supposed to do and make sure they do thier chores.
They're almost 7 and 11 so it's not complicated to watch them. Justice would make Deacon's lunch and such like that. (I.E PB&J) It's not like she was changing diapers

Anyways, She's only watched them a total of 4½ days in the last 3 weeks.
During those days my neighbor who is a good friend of mine, said the kids were at her house alot.
Pretty much as soon as I left for work, the babysitter would send them outside.
That doesn't bother me... at all.. They're kids and should be outside playing.
What bothers me is there were a couple days when the boys were grounded and they weren't supposed to be outside.
I was told by another neighbor that within minutes of me being gone, the babysitter's boyfriend or friend who is only 17 would show up and hang out.
This upsets me for 2 reasons:
1. She is a 40yr old woman and her "boyfriend" is her ex husband whom used to abuse her
2. I specifically told her I didn't want anyone but her in the house when I was gone.
3. I was told that the 17yr old was at my house DRINKING too!

I also found out from my oldest son that the sitter and her boyfriend would constantly fall asleep while watching the kids.. come to find out, they were taking pills!!!!

Well, the day my mom had surgery the sitter watched the boys.
When we came home from the hospital Brandon and I decided to take a nap.
When we woke up the 17yr old friend was there and I had $40 missing out of my purse!
She didn't even ask if she could come over... I didn't even know the girl!
So Brandon told her we didn't want anyone in the house but her and no one is to be in our bedroom....once again.
Well, when I got off work yesterday I intentionally didn't call or text her to let her know I was coming home.
When I got there, her "boyfriend" was in MY bedroom on MY computer and she was asleep in the chair while Deacon was outside playing in the rain!!!

She woke up and asked if I had her money. I told her I hadn't got paid yet (yes, I know.. A lie.... but I wanted to talk to Brandon about it first)

Ok, to get to the point is now she is asking for $70 for watching the kids for 4½ days of babysitting after me also buying her a soda or cigarettes almost everyday on my way home from work. Plus, running her to the store and here and there everyday.

And she tells me she needs the money because she is leaving for Kentucky next Thursday because her "boyfriend" can't find work down here.
I was planning on not having her watch the kids next week anyways because of all that's happened but it makes me angry that she didn't even tell me she was moving!
I mean, what if I did need her to babysit? She's giving me less then a week to find someone else to watch the boys!

So do I pay her the $36.00 and be done with it? Or do I tell her to forget it?

Sorry.... I had to rant..I am sooooooooo mad

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would tell her that you would have given her the normal $40, but now you don't have it since she let her little friend in and she stole it.
Tell her if she wants her money to go get it back from her "friend".

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I would tell her to and stick it where the sun don't shine!!
She's supposed to be your friend and is clearly giving you no respect, especially as she's letting her friends in who are using your stuff and taking money from you!
You should tell the cheeky moo to get out and never come back if that's the way she's treating you,
and find another sitter!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

I would tell her that you would have given her the normal $40, but now you don't have it since she let her little friend in and she stole it.

But, I don't understand a few things. In 3 weeks she only worked 4 1/2 days? Is she 40 and her boyfriend who is also her ex is 17?

Tell her to have a nice time in Kentucky and you won't miss her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's what I told Brandon! I told him I should tell her to get the money from whoever stole my money!!

Originally Posted by butzie

But, I don't understand a few things. In 3 weeks she only worked 4 1/2 days? Is she 40 and her boyfriend who is also her ex is 17?

Tell her to have a nice time in Kentucky and you won't miss her.
She only babysat 4½ days because my Nephew came down with my brother for my mom's surgery and he watched them. He's almost 18.

And her and her boyfriend are both in thier 40's. The sitter's friend is only 17. She bought her alcohol and allowed her to drink it in MY home with MY kids.

Then yesterday she dropped the bomb that her and her "boyfriend" who is her ex husband are moving back to Kentucky.

I also left something out.
The sitter and her boyfriend live at Brandon's friend's house.
Neither of them work and the sitter is on disability.
They are having to move out of thier and Brandon's friends house because they are sleeping on the couch and floor and thier friend's boyfriend moved in. They don't want all these people living with them.
I can totally understand that too!

She has said that she doesn't know where she's going to live cuz she's being kicked out. And made comments about why do the boys have separate rooms and that they're boys they can share a room and we could get a roommate to help with the bills.

I just talked to my other neighbor and she said she would watch the boys for me!
She has 2 little girls that Deacon and Justice play with and since she was pretty much watching them anyways then she might as well

I think I'm going to pay HER the money and not the babysitter.. Afterall, she watched them more

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO? Sounds like your sitter was using you for a free internet connection, food and money. Tell her to take a hike, the money is a loss, tell her since her friend helped herself to it before you could give it to her, you don't have it to give anymore and to take it up with her friend. Just be careful and (since I'm a little on the paranoid side) you might want to change your locks, I've known to many people who've been robbed by people who sound just like your sitter and her "boyfriend". If they've been in your purse, they could've made another key and you might not have realized it. But that's just the paranoid side of me talking.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

& i agree - i'd change the locks, too.

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

IMO? Sounds like your sitter was using you for a free internet connection, food and money. Tell her to take a hike, the money is a loss, tell her since her friend helped herself to it before you could give it to her, you don't have it to give anymore and to take it up with her friend. Just be careful and (since I'm a little on the paranoid side) you might want to change your locks, I've known to many people who've been robbed by people who sound just like your sitter and her "boyfriend". If they've been in your purse, they could've made another key and you might not have realized it. But that's just the paranoid side of me talking.
IMO!!!!!! The above sounds like the plan.
And the lady next door where your kids have been anyway. Sounds like your new sitter, pay her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Originally Posted by wingss2fly

IMO!!!!!! The above sounds like the plan.
And the lady next door where your kids have been anyway. Sounds like your new sitter, pay her.
That's what I did! I asked the landlord for a new lock and he said it will be here tomorrow!

I just talked to my friend next door and I told her I wanted to pay her for babysitting. Well, earlier this week I had let her borrow a TV I wasn't using since Brandon brought his big screen over. She had a power surge and it fried her TV. She wants to buy mine. I told her $60. Well, she gave me $20 and we called it even

So I'm not out anymore money (actually earned $20
) and I'm rid of the babysitter from hell!!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That previous babysitter sounds absolutely horrific! I cannot believe she was disrespecting you in the way she did, and called herself your friend. Doing pills in your house, letting underage drinking happen, bringing her boyfriend in and letting him free-roam. Ugh! I'd be livid!

I'm glad you and your neighbor were able to work something out! She sounds like a much better person to watch your kids anyway, since she has some of her own and would know better than to be like the other sitter!