Does not compute. How do you manage cats and your PC?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up just accepting that they were going to be on the desk. This solution seems to keep them happy enough, as seen below.

How do you manage your cats with your PC use?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww that is so cute

I have a laptop computer and a cat that demands to be on my lap when I am online. I usually end up supporting her with one hand and typing with the other.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dread the day I have to replace my monitor with a newer flat panel one.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i also have a laptop, that sits atop a breakfast tray when i'm using it... i often have a kitty [usually Pixel, sometimes Chip or Cable] lying on top of my left arm.
usually isn't a problem, as i can still type... but Cable's often not satisfied w/just 'lap time' - she wants to interpost herself between my face & the screen!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband banished them from the computer room since Pepper wiped out the hard drive. He also works on his tattoo machines and plays his guitars in that room. He would have heart attack if any of the many guitars got knocked over. Cats love guitars.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About the same way you do. Keep a spot free and put down a fluffy towel for them to lay on. My cats don't cuddle together, so the desk is basically first come first serve. However more often than not, Abby doesn't restrict her spot to the towel. Instead she stretches out and ends up blocking the view of my screen too
And Chynna would much rather sit on my graphic tablet in front of my screen than lay on the towel next to it

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this brings back memories of Wukong typing nonsense by walking across my laptop keyboard
I usually just carry him off and put him on the floor. His mommy Cassie will distract him for me

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bit of a problem as well.

I mostly use a laptop so Interesting Things can happen when Nikita walks all over it. I try to keep her away from it but if I leave for a bit or don't pay attention something like this happens frequently.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any suggestions for you, but I just have to say that I loooooooove the way Wilbur is sleeping. Geez, he is SUCH an orange cat!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so big now!

I used to have a similar problem with Chloe. She would love to sleep on my laptop. These were both taken on her first day home:

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Annie figured out pretty quick that Meowmy will not ignore her if she lays across the keyboard. She's done things - opening programs and windows and closing windows and all kinds of things - that I don't know how to do with the keyboard!

Pardon the mess...too many piles, not enough time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
man there are some great photos there. I remember years ago when I had a CRT monitor my other cats (lost in the divorce) would sit on top of my monitor. I sure miss those guys.

Keep the pics coming! I love it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't have a problem w/them laying on the keyboard - & i'm on a laptop. i do, however, have this problem:

they take turns blocking my view or laying on my left arm...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a kitty who types and shows me her tail in the middle of the monitor

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way, I am familiar with the laptop issues. Fortunately when I used my laptop a lot my kitties were much smaller. But they still made their appearance known.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

How do you manage your cats with your PC use?
I don't.
Scratch used to sit on my desktop computer's monitor. Now I've been using my laptop more and sometimes she'll come and plop down right on my keyboard.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

My three like to sit beside me when i'm on the laptop
I LOVE that picture lol. That is great.

That's a really pretty cat.

Originally Posted by Moz

I don't.
Scratch used to sit on my desktop computer's monitor. Now I've been using my laptop more and sometimes she'll come and plop down right on my keyboard.
Yup. hehehe I know that feeling well! It's funny how you just sort of accept it from your cats.