Cat on a Leash

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Click on the arrows. There are 11 pictures. Kitty seems to like being out.
I love #s 3 and 4! Sniff, sniff. Yeow!

We have taken Butzie out on a leash for a walk. Once. Maybe I'll try it again.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Click on the arrows. There are 11 pictures. Kitty seems to like being out.
Oh yeah! Thanks! I did not realize it was a slide show.

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone ever tried it before? Bella is really good for me in public... on her b-day, I took her into PetSmart (RISKY) just on my shoulder like a baby... she was PERFECT. I wanted to try the kitty leash thing... just don't want something bad to happen.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird

Anyone ever tried it before?
As long as your cat is comfortable on leash I think there's no problem. My QT is always good even if we visit a place for the first time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird

Anyone ever tried it before? Bella is really good for me in public... on her b-day, I took her into PetSmart (RISKY) just on my shoulder like a baby... she was PERFECT. I wanted to try the kitty leash thing... just don't want something bad to happen.
Jamie has been going for a daily walk on a leash for almost nine years - I started when he was 4 months old, and had had all his shots.. My neighbors thought it was nuts at first, but now some of them do it, too. We usually stick close to the house, and haven't had problems with dogs, just with Jamie attacking other cats who got too close.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hennessy is decent on a leash, but it's weird realizing the cat is (mostly) walking you.

If something spooks him, though (the neighbor's big dog, or whatever), I have to carry him a while.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a cat I could walk up and down the street, we didn't go much further than that though. A neighbour used to let his dog roam so we had to be very careful.

Not that common over here, when I had Farley at the pet expo we all had to have our cats on leads for the 'meet & greets' it was great getting to educate people a bit on something they hadn't really heard of.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't even attempted to put Blossom on a lead. When she was a kitten we had a collar for her & she would freak out every time we put it on.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The picture of the cat hugging him is too cute. What a pretty cat. It does make me think about walking Lucia. She would love it.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"He's not welcome in the dog pen," said Mr. Hassinger, "and he's been kicked out of two bars in L.A. and one in New York."
They both sound like a couple of characters!

We've been walking our boys on leash for years. It's become a lot more common nowdays too. Safe way to let them outdoors in a city environment.

whitewillow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks like he enjoyed it, I have been meaning to take Mango outside for awhile now, the few times I tried to put the harness on in the house he would start squirming and walk backwards to try and get out.. i think he may be more comfortable if he goes outside with it though since there will be more distractions from it.