*****KatKwery! - June 27 - 2 more winners*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
luvmycat1 used time and catkiki used knew. Words not used were record, paid, and guilty.

Have you posted polls before? Why or why not? If so, what kind of subjects have you taken a poll on? Do you participate in polls? When you see a poll posted, do you just peek at the progress so far without voting? Have you ever noticed that with the various polls taken on gender, that the female percentage keeps going up? Am I going to have to take another poll on gender or are you going to do it?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I've posted a couple of polls before. One was about age groups and the other was if people called their cats Stinky as a nickname.
Sometimes I participate in a poll. Sometimes I just vote but not leave a reply. I've particitpated in all the Cat Photo Contest polls so far. I don't think I've seen a gender poll since I've been a member. You should start one Lee. I remember I had to ask in the Support Forum the first time I wanted to start a poll. It's pretty easy.

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you posted polls before? Why or why not? If so, what kind of subjects have you taken a poll on? Do you participate in polls? When you see a poll posted, do you just peek at the progress so far without voting? Have you ever noticed that with the various polls taken on gender, that the female percentage keeps going up? Am I going to have to take another poll on gender or are you going to do it?
I have not posted any polls on TCS, but I do manage a photo contest on another forum, and so I have to set up monthly polls (with expirations, but not reveal who voted).

I do participate in polls, but sometimes, I don't reply - I just cast my vote. I have also peeked at the progress of a poll without voting, out of curiosity.

I've not seen polls based on gender before, so I can't say that I've noticed that female percentages go up.

Lee, I think you'd be PERFECT to take another poll on gender, so that I can see just what you're referring to!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

yes, i posted a poll when i got Java to help me decide on what to name her. i also usually vote in polls - even if i don't post in the thread attached. for example, the current poll on 'if the general election were today' i voted in the poll, but haven't posted anything in the thread.
the female pop is increasing for a variety of reason [IMO]. 1st, women are more verbal, in general, than men - we like to talk! 2nd, amongst single people, women are more likely to have cats than men - seems like many men feel that having a cat makes them seem effeminate!
if they only knew... a man owing a cat shows respect - i'd be more attracted to a man who owns a cat than one who owns a dog - all other things being equal, that is!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

luvmycat1 used time and catkiki used knew. Words not used were record, paid, and guilty.

I have in fact posted one poll and I wont do it again actually, because I was trying to figure out what siggy to use right then and people didn't like me having other critisize their work which I understand, so I just decided I would vote on them but not post another one. I have taken a poll on declawing another one on which color my cats were, which engagement ring I liked the best, omg there are tons of polls all over! Ive taken a ton! I noticed the female percentage has gone up a little bit but I have also noticed a few more males on here so I dont know if everyone is participating! I would be almost impossible to figure out the exact number of males vs. females on here because not everyone votes! Im not going to do it.... Uh uh, no way... Im not starting nothing! I will vote though! Im a girl so I would just increase the girl percentage and lower the boy one! You should go ahead and add a poll! Everyone answers your threads! It would be fun!!

We could all show you how many boys their ISNT on here!