Snyone get terrible back pain then throw up

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had really bad back and stomach pain then I threw up so much. The last time it happened was about two years ago. I get back pain all the time but this is way worse.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no expert, but it sounds a lot like what my husband described when he had appendicitis. I'd get to a doctor ASAP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No its not that. Its in the upper back and has happened before. Last about two days when it happens. I also gte a Headache everytime it happnes.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No its not that. It was after we went to this Mexican place for lunch. I thought it tasted funny. Then later last night that happened. Its going away now.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

No its not that. It was after we went to this Mexican place for lunch. I thought it tasted funny. Then later last night that happened. Its going away now.
Must have been food poisoning.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was a greasy meal, and it has happened before, you may need to get your gallbladder checked for disease and/or stones. When I had mine, it was a stabbing/cramping pain that went all the way through to my back, and felt surprisingly like a backache- an upperback ache, accompanied by nausea. It happened intermittently at the beginning. Usually they check it with just an ultrasound

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time it happened was almost 2 years ago. I do have Gerd and Ibs but this seems like food poisoning. I got a rash also.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can happen like that- weird, I know
. But yep, with the rash, I 'd guess food poisoning or an allergic reaction to something you ate, too then. I hope you are all better soon

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Probably the last time too huh?
if it happens again, check out your gallbladder, tho. i had back pain for about 6 months before i had my first real gallbladder attack. we thought it was some sort of muscle strain - took muscle relaxants for it.
didn't help, tho. turned out, my gallbladder was, in the words of the radiologist, "packed w/stones". the surgeon said it burst open while he was trying to remove it, it was so full.
on the bright side - that necessary surgery showed me that i could handle anesthesia, etc. so that's when i started working on getting my gastric bypass surgery. prior to that, my previous surgery had been a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy when i was 3.
i was about 42 when i had the gallbladder surgery. pain was mostly in my back, right about where the bottom of my bra band goes.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will ask the Dr about that. My Sister and Dad both had to have theirs out. My Sister was about 20 and my Dad was a few years ago. The pain is between my shouders and under my breast bone.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I will ask the Dr about that. My Sister and Dad both had to have theirs out. My Sister was about 20 and my Dad was a few years ago. The pain is between my shouders and under my breast bone.
certainly worth asking... found this info online:
Symptoms may include one or more of the following: chest pain in the right side (caused by stones in the bile duct or inflammation or swelling of the gallbladder itself). Nausea or queasiness, vomiting and gas are frequent. There may or may not be belching or burping. The gall bladder, which sits just below the rib cage to the right of the stomach, is very tender to touch. It can be so painful that it takes your breath away.

You may not be able to walk without bending over. Sometimes the pain radiates through to the back shoulder blade on the right side or in the middle between the shoulder blades. This is pain from the gallbladder being referred to the back of the shoulder. This back shoulder blade chest pain is one of the most common yet unknown symptoms of a gallbladder disorder. This can come and go or be constant. It may be sharp, excruciating or dull. It may also occur especially at night.

An gallbladder attack will typically last for one to four hours.
here's the link where i found it: http://www.gallbladderattack.com/
& also one on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biliary_colic

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had the exact thing you described. Sadly for me, I was in Mexico at the time.
I spent two more wretched days there. I didn't eat or drink anything...anything!...for 24 hours, and couldn't eat for 4 days. For 24 hours my body hurt quite literally from head to toe. I lost 10 pounds in those four days. It wasn't completely right for over a week. I'll never, ever, go there again.

I think what I had was severe food poisoning. It sounds like you have a (fortunately) milder version of it. Mine started with a searing backache that woke me up followed by the worst nausea and vomiting of my life.

Fortunately it sounds like the worst is over for you. Try to keep up on fluids, and start with bland foods...tea, toast, etc.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the Info laureen227
clixpix I know so many people that go to Mexico and come back with food poisoning. I got it on Vacation in Lake Havisu from a Kfc and I got it from Jack in the Box in San Bruno once.
Sounds like that was a terrible Vacation for you.