emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here they are:

Corny, the baby black corn snake:

And the five frogs:
My favorite, the firebellied toad

From top left is the whites tree frog, below him is the peacock tree frog, and to the right is the red-eye

Peacock and firebellied

Red Eye

Golden Tree Frog:

And THIS is Bella's face when she looks at her new siblings:

She's thinking, "What ARE they, and can I eat them?"

I think I've posted pics of Daisy before, but these were so good:

She's finally getting to the point where she will take pictures a little better, with more of her face. I think she was moved around so much as a puppy and they always took pics to find her a new home, and she's such a smart dog. But yeah, that's Daisy, me and my sister's half-Lab, half-German Shepherd. She loves Bella, but Bella is too much of a spoiled girl to let any other pet be around for that long.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute. I love frogs.
I used to have tree frogs when I was a kid...they looked like the one in the top corner of the (the whites tree frog).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I don't care much for snakes, but both of my daughter love them. Do the frogs feel slimy?
Snakes are pretty awesome... I used to be scared, but my step-dad is an expert with them and I just love them now.

The frogs do feel kinda slimy... it's different, and you have to make sure you always wash your hands and stuff. I love them, though. A little fidgety since they were moved and stuff, and Bella keeps terrorizing them.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird

Snakes are pretty awesome... I used to be scared, but my step-dad is an expert with them and I just love them now.

The frogs do feel kinda slimy... it's different, and you have to make sure you always wash your hands and stuff. I love them, though. A little fidgety since they were moved and stuff, and Bella keeps terrorizing them.
My daughters want a snake so bad. maybe I will look at frog or something less scary

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

My daughters want a snake so bad. maybe I will look at frog or something less scary
In my opinion, snakes are a lot easier to take care of. Especially the kind of snake you see in my post. A gopher snake, a corn snake, even a king snake or milksnake... because all you need for them is some kind of bedding that won't hurt their skin, a rock, a water bowl, and frozen mice. (Of course, maybe I find it easy because my dad is a vet and gets the mice for free.)

Certainly crickets for frogs would be cheaper than mice. BUT... the frog's surrounding are a bit more difficult. I was lucky, because I got my frogs from a girl who was leaving for college. She sold me the awesome tank that already had everything set up in it... there's soil, plants, etc. you have to change the water every day, and mist it everyday. It's a huge responsibility.

SO that's why I think a snake is a lot easier. Plus, a snake would only eat every one or two weeks. And believe me, these docile ones are so much less scary than you'd think. I could go on all day about how sweet they are, but i don't want to post a novel LOL.

If you have any questions or want to know some good places, let me know and I'll help you out.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like that pic of Corny, looks like he (she?) is about to head right into your shirt to curl up and have a nice warm snooze!
Im not familiar with corn snakes, how big is Corny going to get?

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL you should see this other pic I have of him, I think that little pervert really WAS headed down my shirt! lol

Corny the cornsnake will get to be between 3 and 4 feet long. Cornsnakes usually don't get more than 4.5 feet long, that's the beauty of them. And they're good first timer snakes, really sweet and don't mind being handled.

I want a ball python so bad because I love their pattern, but the thing with them is that they like to hide. They're burrowing snakes, after all. I'd prefer knowing I have a snake, you know?

but I'm getting a Kenyan sand boa for my birthday this year, so I'm real excited.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those tree frogs stuck up against your tank are so super adorable. Snake's a beauty too

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooo I love the red eye frog! Very pretty! You'll have to update us with pictures when your corn snake gets bigger! I've got a baby BP myself!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love Corny!
I just sold 3 of my cornsnakes, including my favorite girl who was also an anery. Have fun with your little guy!