What cat treats do you give to your kitty?

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For me, I feed my kitten " Kitty Kaviar ". It's dried bonito fish that is carved paper thin and my kitten absolutely loves it. How about you guys?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yuki

For me, I feed my kitten " Kitty Kaviar ". It's dried bonito fish that is carved paper thin and my kitten absolutely loves it. How about you guys?
Pixel likes that one - & only that one. all of them like it. Java loves Wildside Salmon.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My baby-cat's favorite is dried bonite flake, too, but I've recently been told from my vet to not feeding her any treat because my baby has to be on a diet. No more treat for my baby

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, Pixel likes every treat that we have offered her, and Bamf will not eat any of them! What makes this funny is that Pixel is so picky about her regular food. Sometimes she will refuse her wet food for no particular reason, or just eat a few bites, and she eats dry food by taking a few nibbles and then moving on. Bamf, on the other hand, will devour any wet food we give him (and the rest of Pixel's) and will sit and crunch on dry food for five minutes at a time. And he will knead the carpet while he eats and purr with happiness! But he won't eat any treats, and Pixel will eat them all!

Kitties are so funny.

Pixel likes Whiska's Temptations and Greenies.

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pepper adores Whiskas Natural Temptations. Wild Salmon the best, but also likes the tuna

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
April Joy loves Kitty Kaviar! They all love the Blue Wilderness dry food as treats. I'd feed that as their regular food but it is high in fat and calories so they eat the indoor formula for meals.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley loves them all. He gets wildside salmon, kitty caviar, pounce and whiskas treats, and his hairball paste, which he thinks is a treat

My foster kitty will eat the wildside salmon, and I have just gotten him some Zuke's hip action treats which he seems to like somewhat.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't know that bonito flakes were marketed as cat treats. I wonder if they are cheaper or more expensive than bonito flakes sold for human consumption? The slightly more expensive super-fine flakes sold are a japanese condiment and the slightly less fine flakes are an ingredient in dashi stock. Apparently, japanese home cooks used to just have blocks of dried bonito that they shaved right before using. I wonder if Japanese cats also used to benefit from that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm I've heard a lot of positive things about Wildside Salmon - maybe I should get one for my kitten too!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaz gets Whiskas Crunch! treats and raw chicken.
I have not yet intoduced the kittens to treats.

I actually do not want to feed raw chicken the the two I'm not keeping, their new owners may not appreciate the extra kitchen help whenever the try to prepare chicken for dinner