*****KatKwery! - June 26 - 2 more winners*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marianjela used both time and day, but used day first, which left time open for somebody else, but nobody else used it. Luvmycat1 used TCS. Not used were where and computer.

Let's start things off by asking if you knew where your History file was and what it contained? Did you know how to go about finding out what other people had given and received? Do you check your History file to make sure you have not missed any gifts or donations made to you? Have you ever not known where a gift or donation came from because you had not checked your History file? And I have been holding off on this one a long time (right, Tricia?), had you ever noticed Contest Kitty before and wondered who it was?

You can find the current standings by clicking on the link below.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Marianjela used both time and day, but used day first, which left time open for somebody else, but nobody else used it. Luvmycat1 used TCS. Not used were where and computer.

Let's start things off by asking if you knew where your History file was and what it contained? Did you know how to go about finding out what other people had given and received? Do you check your History file to make sure you have not missed any gifts or donations made to you? Have you ever not known where a gift or donation came from because you had not checked your History file? And I have been holding off on this one a long time (right, Tricia?), had you ever noticed Contest Kitty before and wondered who it was?

Wow, I am on a Katkwery roll.
I did know about the history file. I was looking in the donation history but I didn't bother to go back that far. I guess I should have. Today was the first time I've ever noticed ContestKitty. At first I'm thinking what the heck is that. Then it dawned on me, donations for TCS contests go to ContestKitty. I have never checked my history file but perhaps I should to make sure I haven't missed anything.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I did know where my History file was. I always know the minute I get a donation or gift because I have my PMs set to notify me of any gifts or messages. I normally check my history file just to be reminded how many great people there are here. I knew how to check history but do not check it very much. And about ContestKitty, I had heard something about it but not much nor what it entailed. I kinda figured when I saw the amounts that were being donated to ContestKitty, it must have something to do with all the contests we have here.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i've never received an anonymous gift, so, until today, had no reason to even look for this. it was fun looking at all of the donations [i found my answer a different way than was given in KatKwiz] & reading the messages to/from members. i noticed ContestKitty when i was searching... s/he got so many donations that i had a suspicion that it was what it is.

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually, no I did not know where my history file was, although I do see that if you look at your profile, it also shows when people have given you gifts - I need to go back and look if it also shows donations as well.

I was not aware how to find out what other people had given and received until I read today's KatKwiz!

I have never checked my history file to make sure I haven't mised any gifts or donations (since I didn't know about it before!
). But I also get e-mail notifications for them, so I know about them there.

I have never noticed ContestKitty before, nor wondered who it was!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's start things off by asking if you knew where your History file was and what it contained?
I did actually know where mine was, I just found it yesterday while I was looking for something, I'd never noticed it before.

Did you know how to go about finding out what other people had given and received?
Yes, sometimes it's fun to look at the donations to see what's been passed around, but I usually get bored of that pretty quickly

Do you check your History file to make sure you have not missed any gifts or donations made to you? Have you ever not known where a gift or donation came from because you had not checked your History file?
No, I get a PM when someone gives me something, and I get an e-mail when I get a PM so I always notice. And the PM tells you who sent it and if its a gift the username of the person that sent it shows up when you hoover over it.

And I have been holding off on this one a long time (right, Tricia?), had you ever noticed Contest Kitty before and wondered who it was?
I've never see that before, so never wondered who it was....when do we get to find out (or did we already?)!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Do you check your History file to make sure you have not missed any gifts or donations made to you? Have you ever not known where a gift or donation came from because you had not checked your History file?
No, I get a PM when someone gives me something, and I get an e-mail when I get a PM so I always notice. And the PM tells you who sent it and if its a gift the username of the person that sent it shows up when you hoover over it.
can gifts/donations be sent anonymously? just curious...

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know where my history file is, I have to get to the shop options and go to history, I use it alot because some rather weird anonymous donations have been given and Im always trying to figure out who's a couple grand short!
So I know it contains what gifts and donations I recieved, and I know it also has what gifts and donations I gave out! Then you can get everyone elses too which I dont know why I even check but sometimes Im just curious!
Never noticed contest kitty and never wondered who it was because I dont know who it is! Or what it is, or have the slightest clue!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know about the history file, but I think I've stumbled upon it once or twice.

Laureen...I think you can send things privately but not anonymously...is that right???

Sorry guys I haven't been around for a while. Work is CRAZY right now!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I didn't know about the history file, but I think I've stumbled upon it once or twice.

Laureen...I think you can send things privately but not anonymously...is that right???

Sorry guys I haven't been around for a while. Work is CRAZY right now!
i thought that might be what 'private' meant, but i was wrong.