You call this a vacation?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I went on vacation last week, well from the 14th - 21st. We go to our timeshare in Cabo, sans the kids.

So,we get to the airport and Alaska is asking for 4 persons to give up their seats for 2 round-trip tickets. Now, we have to go back to NY in Oct. for parents' weekend for Jen's senior year and for graduation in May. We were supposed to get in at 9 pm that night on American. Another couple also gave up the seats.

American cancelled us because of "weather." I hope that no one works for AA because they were so awful to us. They wouldn't even get Alaska on the phone for us. We go back to Alaska, who was very nice, but we weren't going to get out of there until Sun. Well, okay, Alaska put us up in the Hyatt and bought dinner. Still romantic away from the kids, right?

Turned out it then became that time of month. Those skimpy little undies I brought along weren't looking too good to me.

We get to the hotel. I put on sunscreen, but not that much because I have been swimming. You mostly swim face down so my front in the bikini got a little overdone. That was bad enough but the worst was that I sunburned my lips. Who needed a collagen injection? I had the biggest fattest lips. So what if I couldn't eat comfortably let alone kiss?

At the end of the week, DH came down with a cold. He nicely gave it to me so I was sick when we got home.

But, hey, we got those 2 free tickets!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woot on the free tickets!

Sorry about your lips though
I remember back when I was a teen having burned my face badly. When it started to peel I literally shed a whole ear shape, and the lips sure hurt when they peeled. Just keep them really moisturized using Blistex. Don't use Petroleum Jelly because that's like putting butter on a burn and will make it worse.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww
that sucks it always happends that a certain friend comes when you don't want it to!

Hopefully next time you go with those tickets you got things will be much better

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it rains it pours!! Never knew you could sunburn your lips though.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have to say that American, which used to be our favorite airline, has gone seriously downhill in recent times. We had a miserable time with them on our way to and from Sweden, too. Fortunately SAS handled the part from NJ to Sweden and back, and that made up for a lot of it.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AA has a bad reputation at the moment, it got so bad that we only have one flight going out from Frankfurt a Day, it used to be two - 4 flights.

We noticed this in duty free... we know our "rush hours" and saw so many AA flights being chopped off.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, Rosemary, and you sooo needed some relaxing down time!

I hope those burns weren't too serious? Did you go see a doctor? YOu could have had sun poisoning!

BTW, how's your mom?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Tell dh you don't want his cold and he can have it back!!!
Lol!!
Lorie!..

Oh rosemary...
that´s dissapointing...
but at least you have the tickets, try to see the positive things of all...

DH is happy with your lips isn´t?..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Ah, Rosemary, and you sooo needed some relaxing down time!

I hope those burns weren't too serious? Did you go see a doctor? YOu could have had sun poisoning!

BTW, how's your mom?
Thanks! I just kept putting on the lip balm I bought there with SPF 45 and they got better.

The rest of the vacation was good except for the cold. We went to some fun themed dinners - Mexican and a beach party - all you can eat and drink.
Then there were the aqua aerobics classes with Carlo and Ysvan.

Forgot to say how Butzie took us being away. She was at home with Jen and Ben so she was okay. When I called Jen, she let Butzie listen to me. Butzie rubbed the phone and purred!
Butzie was very loving when I got home.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

When it rains it pours!! Never knew you could sunburn your lips though.
You definately can sunburn your lips. When I was in my 20's, DH and I were fishing off the pier in Goleta, CA. I got sooooo sunburned! My lower lip was so bad that it looked like I was in a full pout. When we got back to the in-laws house (they live there) my MIL gave me noxema for the burn on my back and I used blistex on my lips.

I didn't even know I was getting burned since I didn't feel the sun. It was overcast that day and a cool wind was blowing.

Hope your burn is better!