Holy moly

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got this pre approved credit card app in the mail. So I got online and applied. It approved me right away which is halarious because I've filed bankruptcy.
Of course the approval might just be standard and once the do some more checking I might get denied. The limit is only $200 and I'll only have $50 when I get the card because of all the processing and application fees.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful about sending in those applications. Every open line of credit counts against your credit rating as "potential debt" -- and if you get turned down, that's even worse.

Also, the term "pre-approved" means exactly nothing, as you found out. It's just a come-on to make people think they've been chosen in some way.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Be careful about sending in those applications. Every open line of credit counts against your credit rating as "potential debt" -- and if you get turned down, that's even worse.

Also, the term "pre-approved" means exactly nothing, as you found out. It's just a come-on to make people think they've been chosen in some way.
that particular offer is extremely awful - i've NEVER had to pay $150 for a $50 line of credit!
can't think of anyone who would, either!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Only a small portion of applications are even read, let alone researched, prior to approval.

Heard good stories on this topic: that is how a cat got a CC, and a six-year old boy, and a gentleman who shredded his application, then taped it together, and wrote over a different address. Still all got a CC.