The girls are at the VET!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the girls are at the vet. (That will probably be the LAST time they go voluntarily in the carrier) They will be getting their spay, vaccinations, and pain meds. We opted for the shot and are considering the liquid pain killer.

My vet is very reasonable in the price for all that. The spay is only $66. With the vaccinations and pain meds, I figure it will come to around $275.

I will probably worry all day until I pick them up at 4pm. CAn I get some vibes for them, and DH and me also?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of vibes comming your way. I had to leave my little girl over night recently when she was sick. It's so hard when they aren't at home!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they do not give the liquid Metacam. Alot of people have had Cats that got Kidney Failure from it. The Mrtacam Shot is ok to give one time for pain though.

chetwynsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sure they will do great .I cant belive how cheep that is!!$275 is the same price I paid for one cat,spay only.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is reasonable. I think that is about the price of the bill for one spay here. But then again I found out that my vet is very pricey! Or so they seem to me anyway. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
that's an excellent price!
btw, i haven't found that any of mine needed the after-surgery painkillers. they were all 4-6 months old at their spays, & would be running & jumping the next day - obviously not in much pain, if any!
now, an adult - if i had an adult that had to be spayed, i'd probably do it - they weigh more & are older, so it would make sense that the recovery would be more difficult.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called the vet around noon to check up on my girls. They were resting comfortably in recovery. I pick them up between 4-5. Poor babies!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Glad it went well! You're probably right about the carriers, though. I do "vet runs" for the local shelter, and have found that a lot of kittens are fine with carriers and vet visits until they're speutered. After that, they become "scary" to some.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Glad it went well! You're probably right about the carriers, though. I do "vet runs" for the local shelter, and have found that a lot of kittens are fine with carriers and vet visits until they're speutered. After that, they become "scary" to some.
They haven't been in a carrier since the day we brought them home in a cardboard carrier. I went out last night and bought 2 carriers. This is their first vet visit as I wasn't able to take them before. My inheritance money was supposed to be here in early February.
Now that I have it, I wanted to do everything at once.

My neighbor gave me a "cone" that she had when her boy was neutered, so I will only need one more. I hope I don't need it but I want it just in case they start licking the incisions. My vet uses the disolvable stitches, so we won't have to go back in a couple of weeks to get the stitches out. The hard thing will be not to feed them tonight. They haven't eaten since last night.

Less than 2 hours and I get to pick my little girls up! I can't wait to see them!