My cat's health

rissacchi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.

This is my first time posting here, and it is because I can not seem to figure anything out from any other source.

A couple of weeks ago, my cat came home with a super swollen paw. He was having a hard time walking and spent most of his time resting and trying to heal, and he wouldn't let me take a good look at this paw. When I finally did, I looked as though he'd punctured his foot. There was bleeding and hairless patches.

Now, on the top of his paw, there are also hairless areas that seem to have one single puncture wound. The area used to be red and aggrivated, but now it is turning blue and I'm quite worried.

I don't want to take him straight to the vet since he's had so many issues being an aggresive outdoor cat and he's gotten better all on his own even though I worried and made a big deal out of things.

I have a feeling that he might be allergic to something. What do you think could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

- Faye

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to take him to the vet now. Blue around the puncture wound is not normal and may be a sign that there is infection or even dead tissue. Infection can spread and it is hard to see the signs in our pets - if it goes systemic (all over the body), it can be life threatening.

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

You need to take him to the vet now. Blue around the puncture wound is not normal and may be a sign that there is infection or even dead tissue. Infection can spread and it is hard to see the signs in our pets - if it goes systemic (all over the body), it can be life threatening.
You have dead tissue starting, if it already is not systemic.
K.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rissacchi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your quick replies... I will do something as soon as I possibly can... thank you