*****KatKwery! - June 25 - 4 more winners*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got to have a talk with DW about these easy words she keeps using.

MuleNag used typos, monaxlisa used tried, luvmycat1 used about, and glitch used change. Nobody used forum. Now that's the kind of words DW needs to be using (forum).

I guess not too many people are checking the announcements often since only thirty people had viewed the one about dragon eggs; how about you, do you check the announcements? How often do you check the announcements? Do you know where the announcements are located? Will you check the announcements more in the future? Have you experienced slowdowns in TCS operation lately?

Clarification: You can only win once each day in KatKwery but you can win every day. If you happen to use more than one of the secret words, the first one you use will be counted towards your standings and if somebody else uses the second or even third secret word you used, they will get credit. It just would not be fair if somebody got on here first and scored a big 3500 points before other people had a chance to play. (During the playoffs, there will be ten secret words the first round, 15 the second, and 20 for the championship. Whoever is able to use the most secret words will be the playoff winner.) If there is a tie, the highest seeded player will be the winner.

NOTICE! I have constructed a web page that is updated daily with the current standings. I have included a link to this page in my siggy below.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the announcement about the eggs. I also saw the one about our guest expert. Sometimes it take me a while to realize there is something new at the top of the page. Once I see it though I check it out. I've experinced slow downs with my entire internet lately. There's been a problem with it, I'm having someone come check it out. When it first started I thought it was just TCS but then other web pages started to not load either. I can't say I've ever had slow downs due to the dragon eggs though. I though it was neat having them in the siggys. I think less people will view them now that we can only have the link to the dragon cave.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo! I finally got a word!

I guess not too many people are checking the announcements often since only thirty people had viewed the one about dragon eggs; how about you, do you check the announcements?
I usually do notice them, because they're in bold until I read them an I usually scan all the unread posts. That thread actually has 600+ views but only 30+ replies so I think it most people probably notice it at some point.

How often do you check the announcements?
I'll read them when I notice them, I dont check the Announcements board, just whenever they pop up at the top of one of the boards Im reading.

Do you know where the announcements are located?
Yup

Will you check the announcements more in the future?
Probably not more, but I'll keep reading them when they pop up.

Have you experienced slowdowns in TCS operation lately?
TCS is always a little bit slow for me when I open up new threads, but I used to have dial-up and it would take ages for a thread to load so now when it takes a minute it still seems good to me!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seen and read the announcement on dragon eggs, even though I dont have any myself (I never really understood what the hype was about, but I did click on people's eggs when I seen them - and I've also gone into some of the caves you guys are linking), I still wandered in there. Curiosity killed the cat, ya know! I cant say that I notice new stickies every day, but they eventually catch my eye. When I do notice the new posts, I check them out if I have the time. Also, when I check my messages, I go into "New Posts" so if I notice others responding to something, that also catches my eye.

I have a cable connection, so I really dont notice anything running slower. But then again... I havent been as active these past couple weeks, so I'm not going into as many posts.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I've got to have a talk with DW about these easy words she keeps using.

MuleNag used typos, monaxlisa used tried, luvmycat1 used about, and glitch used change. Nobody used forum. Now that's the kind of words DW needs to be using (forum).

I guess not too many people are checking the announcements often since only thirty people had viewed the one about dragon eggs; how about you, do you check the announcements? How often do you check the announcements? Do you know where the announcements are located? Will you check the announcements more in the future? Have you experienced slowdowns in TCS operation lately?
I checked the announcement right away, it said dragon eggs and I was interested instantly so I had to check! I was dissapointed but I understand that the site does give terrible lag! I check the announcement page probably weekly. If theres something on the top of the page I normally notice it, but not always! That forum doesn't really catch my eye at all! I try to pay attention to them tho!
The announcement are at the top of the page and in the announcement forum which you go down to forum jump on the bottom of the page and then scroll down till you get to announcements! I have experienced some lag in the site recently, I havn't seen any dragons so Im hoping everyone removed them and thats not the problem! But then again that would be an easy fix! I think that TCS is very well run and any problems that have even been wrong have been fixed immediatly so Im not worried! I think its internet lag and not just tcs lag!

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Announcements?? What do those have to do with the KatKwery thing?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

well, now, to be fair - only people who raise the dragons would be interested in the egg announcement. but i don't check them real often... probably 'cause i don't visit the cat forums page that much. i do my subscribed threads, then new posts. if i run out of stuff, then i might look at the different forums for things - premier forum, cat pix, etc. since i don't have those bookmarked, then i get there from the cat forums page. that's usually when i notice any announcements.
i haven't noticed much of a slowdown in the last few days. i think some of the ads might've been causing some people problems, but i have them turned off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by roxsam

Announcements?? What do those have to do with the KatKwery thing?
The topic of KatKwiz had to do with announcements. KatKwery always asks questions relevant to the KatKwiz for that day. The links below provide full information on each of these.