Hello and "meow!"

jillandmatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello humans, meow cats!

I am the "Matt" portion of JillandMatt, Jill being my wife. We are living in a townhouse, currently pet-less. I have spent about 10 years of my life living with cats (my parents have 3), and I love them and miss them. We want to start our own family here (kids are still a couple of years away, no rush there!), so we want to adopt two young cats. We have a few options, and will be visiting and thinking over the next week.

We are excited, and we loooooove cats. We will, of course, post an update with pictures once we come across a pair of cats that approve of us and decide to become our owners.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

My hubby and I were in similar shoes just a few weeks ago...4 years with no pets because we lived in a tiny apt. But we just adopted 3 precious kittens from some friends, and they are a joy! Good luck on your search for your furbabies!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jillandmatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, everyone! We're still searching for the right kitties, and we might go visit a pair tonight (we hope). We're really excited!

jillandmatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Going to pick these two cuties at 7PM today! They are 6 weeks old, and recently went to the vet and are current on their shots. They will be neutered in a few weeks, and will be loved and spoiled beyond belief.

I'm about to go get everything we'll need for them so we're ready to take them home tonight. I have the day off tomorrow and will be watching over them carefully and making sure they are fed properly. And then the weekend will be here and we'll continue making sure they're doing well, and then starting Monday they will be left alone for about 8 hours a day while my wife and I work. I understand they *should* be fed roughly every 6 hours, but I assume 8 won't kill them. While we are gone, they will be in the bathroom with water, a litterbox, a warm place to sleep, and kitten-safe toys.

I'm going to go ahead and just start with moistened dry kitten food, and not worry about KMR. I read that kittens are normally weened by 6 weeks, so that should be fine.

If I'm wrong about any of this or if you have other advice, please let me know!

I've done quite a bit of research of kitten care, but it is a bit overwhelming! We'll be ready!

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I put moist dry food down, and all 4 of my monsters wet to the dry & crunched all of it down. Too funny!
So don't freak out if they don't eat it.

Live and learn.
K.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats on finding your new kittens so quickly! They look adorable! Have they already been eating moistened dry food where they are now? If so, they will probably be fine with that. My kittens were still nursing a little at 6 weeks, but they were also eating alot of kitten chow. So the transition to chow only was easy for them. They weren't very good at drinking water from a bowl right away, but they got the hang of it pretty quickly. I didn't even know about KMR when I got them, though, or I might have tried it for a while. Best wishes with your little ones!

jillandmatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Slight change of plans - the current "owners" are dropping the kittens off at my house. I guess they want to see the house and meet us to make sure the kittens will be safe and loved, which I respect.

About one hour until they're here! We might go with the names "Apollo" and "Orion" - we like astronomy/space-flight.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How exciting! Nice names, too, though you never know -- they may tell you something entirely different -- kitties are like that.
I don't think I've said WELCOME yet -- WELCOME to TCS! Hope you and the "kids" have a fine time here.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am so glad that you, Apollo and Orion, who could not be cuter, have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. Please make yourself at home Matt.

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

jillandmatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is the Jill portion of jillandmatt...! Thank you for all your warm welcomes.
Our kitties are sleepyheads and relaxing right now. They're unbelievably cute and funny. How did we live without them!??!?! Here's a picture of them taken recently. Oh, this is just so exciting!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Jill

You two hit the kitten jackpot when you brought those two adorable sweetie pies into your lives.

Congratulations