Question of The Day - Wednesday, June 25th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning!

I have a friend visiting, who was my best friend in junior high school. Our families have known each other for ages...her mother used to babysit my dad and his sisters, when they were little.

Today's question:

Who is your best friend? Is it someone you've known since childhood or early school days? A person you met through work and really clicked with? A family member (sister, brother, cousin, mom, dad, aunt or uncle?) Or is it your spouse, or significant other?

I have a couple of close friends. DeeDee, who is vising now. Linda, who I've worked with for the past 20 years. Lura, who I worked with in Lansing (20 years ago.) My mom is also one of my best friends. At one time I would have listed my sister as my closest and dearest friend, but lately I've had to step back, because she is having too many personal problems and issues, and refuses to acknowledge them, or make any changes to help herself. I feel like I can't let myself get sucked into the black hole that she's letting herself fall into.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend is actually someone I met online.
We have known each other for a couple years now. She is someone I can always count on, can tell everything, can go to for advice and not be judged.

I only have a couple other close friends. A true friend is hard to find.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My best friend is Pam who i've known for over 20 years. We started out as neighbours on our old estate and the friendship took off from there, and she's only live a 5 minute walk from the house i'm in now.

My other close friends who i go out for dinner and drinks with are Andre, Lynn, Karen, Pat and Yvonne

I don't know where i'd be without my friends

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John is my best friend. I have a few other close friends, all guys. All of my female friends that I had moved away, we still talk but aren't close anymore. I miss having some girlfriends!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met my best friend in college. Her and I just go together very nicely..I have two other close friends that I have known since grade 9 too...but the one that I met in college is the only person that I know that has never pissed me off

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My closest friend is also someone I met online~~Here! True friends most definitely are difficult to come by, and sometimes you meet someone and know it was just meant to be. I love her dearly. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of my closest friends I met right here in our wonderful community, friendships I know will last a lifetime!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have known my best friend Sarah for 20 years, and we can read each other like books
We only have to look at each other to know that something isn't right, or one of us has news....we have known each other since pre-school! (Aged 2)

My other close friend is Sam, and I worked with her on the Hospital wards 2 years ago, since then we have got on so well that we tend to tell each other everything...well, pretty much everything anyway

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My bf rick

Also My friend online chantal whom i've talked to since I was 13 almost 9 years

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

My best friend has to be my mom

Though dad and hubby are close seconds, we just don't have that girly-bond, you know? Another one right up there is my friend from SAR (search and rescue). We've done TONS together. Worked together, lived together, volunteered together, saved lives together, hauled bodies together, gone to school together, you name it! We can also read each other like books. We often have conversations like:

"You know..."
"Yeah..."
"But I really don't!"
"I know!!"

And it makes total sense to us.
Whereas my mom and I, we are just copies of each other. We'll say the exact same thing at the exact same time in the exact same way and then just start laughing!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SO has been my best friend since the first day we met. Other than him, we both have the same best friend. I dated him in high school, and he used his first name. When he came back from the Navy, he was going by his middle name. My SO and I were both just so happy that our friends had come home, but we knew him by different names. Imagine my surprise when we went to his house to meet his best friend. I have known him around 30 years now, and we have never passed a hard word, but are all close enough to tell each other in very direct way if we think something is wrong. He just married a great gal and I am hoping one day that I will also be close to her. He said he had to discuss it with us before they got married. We have begged him not to marry several times, so he felt he should ask us first. My SO was the best man at the wedding, her daughter was her only bridesmaid. It was a beautiful wedding, outdoors at an old plantation house. My guy looked so handsome in his tux.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Best friend is Ann, (Tigger42065) we have known each other since Kindergarten and she's like my parents Other daughter, there is no family time that she's not a part of.

Also My Sis and I are very close, I consider her my other best friend too.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My one best friend, Rachael, has known me since kindergarten... over 20 years! We've been through a lot together, and she's one of the few people who gets my sense of humour.

My other best friend is Jenny, who I've known since second grade. We live close by and still get together about every week.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My best friend is also my mom, I honestly don't have many close friends, I always seem to get betrayed by them
I am friends with a girl I work with, Tiffany, and a guy I used to work with, Chris, although I haven't talked to him a few weeks cause he got a new job and a jealous GF
I am also good friends with Eileen (eilcon) I talk to her the most out of anyone!

wendyr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I have never answered one of these before, so here goes. I have a few best friends, honestly. My number one is absolutely my husband, Alfred. He is the first person in the world I want to tell anything to. We have been together for nearly 9 years (married for 4) and because we met when we were both quite young - I did a study abroad in England when I was 20 and met a dashing 23 year old MA student - we have kind of grown up together. Also, our relationship was long distance for quite a while - he is English and I am American, so we had to spend most of our time talking on the phone, e-mailing and writing letters. We HAD to talk if we wanted to stay together!

I am not particularly close to my family so HE is my family. I feel so lucky to have found not only a husband but a best friend.

My other three best friends I met when I moved from Casper, WY to Seattle, WA at the age of 9. There is Lori - who can read me like a book. We finish each others' sentences whenever we are together and have the same sense of humor. And the other two are Jeff and Scott. We have been thick as thieves since we were young teenagers and now, well, I don't really go a day without e-mailing them.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie I love your honesty!....
..same feelings here...

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

My best friend is also my mom, I honestly don't have many close friends,
I mean yes I have some great friends but no one to "give all"...I mean after the school everyone get far from everyone and start their own lifes so the touch was loss....
BUT for sure my best friend is DW, Mom and TCS!!!
...believe me or not!...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 best friends. My fiance is one of them. He is my best friend because I love him and plan to spend the rest of my life with him.

My other best friend is one of my friends since grade 5 or 6. We lost touch for a couple of years during college but when we started talking again it was like we never stopped.

carleysmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would have to say my OH is my best friend. Closely followed by my mum. Mum and were very good friends but she betrayed my trust a few years ago and left a void between us that we are struggling to to fill.

Julie
www.tedswhinebar.com