Big Problem

xzen54321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I just realised that I hadent seen one of my cats all day and found her tucked in under the stairs.
She has urinated on herself and didn't to move from where she was.
I picked her up and put her down on the living room floor and she just fell down and lied there on her side.
She finally got and stumbled into her cat house and I don't know what to do now.

I will take her to the vet tomorrow but is there anything I should do now?

EDIT: she also did not come to eat today when I put food in there bowls.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think you can wait. Last Dec I found Stormy falling over with drool coming out of her mouth. I lost her the next day to Kidney Failure. You Cat need the Er now.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I dont think you can wait. Last Dec I found Stormy falling over with drool coming out of her mouth. I lost her the next day to Kidney Failure. You Cat need the Er now.
i agree - she sounds really bad off, poor baby!

agentspooky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, no... please get her to an emergency vet as soon as you can. I hope for the best for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xzen54321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, we took her to the ER last night, they did blood work and she was alredy way into kidney failure. My friend who the cat belongs to opted to have her put down.

Thanks for the advice though.

xzen54321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

So sorry about the Cat. How old was she? I wish I had been wrong about what it was.
She was around 10-14 years old, we are not sure as we adopted her.
I'm wondering if her being gone is going to effect our other cat.

My friend gets back from his camping trip tomorrow, he is not going to like this. Over the last 10 years people and pets he is close to have just happened to die while he is away, so this is just going to add to that.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure how the other Cat will react. I sure hope it isnt like Meeko did. She became very upset and refues to eat after Stormy was Pts. I had to take her to the vet and get blood tests. The good thing is I had just got Oreo before Stormy died and her and Meeko are friends. I feel bad for your friend and hope he will be ok. How old is the other Cat?

xzen54321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I am not sure how the other Cat will react. I sure hope it isnt like Meeko did. She became very upset and refues to eat after Stormy was Pts. I had to take her to the vet and get blood tests. The good thing is I had just got Oreo before Stormy died and her and Meeko are friends. I feel bad for your friend and hope he will be ok. How old is the other Cat?
About 6 i think.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xzen54321

She was around 10-14 years old, we are not sure as we adopted her.
I'm wondering if her being gone is going to effect our other cat.

My friend gets back from his camping trip tomorrow, he is not going to like this. Over the last 10 years people and pets he is close to have just happened to die while he is away, so this is just going to add to that.
don't think i'm crazy [ok, i am a 'crazy cat lady'
] but explain to the other cat what has happened to the older one.
when Mouse died, from Pixel's point of view [they were littermates] Mouse left the house one day - & never returned. i explained to Pixel what had happened, & it seemed to help.
luckily, i had acquired a 3rd cat a few months previously, so Pixel wasn't alone. [even tho the other was a pesky little sister!]

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww i'm sorry for your loss

Hopefully the others will take it alright

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about the cat!

I don't know what you did with the cat after she was put to sleep (cremated, buried, let the vet deal with it) but I've heard that letting the other cat(s) see/sniff the deceased cat will help them understand. They'll know what happened and will accept it, rather than just "one day he was gone!"

We had a cat die while we were on vacation once and my uncle was taking care of our cats. The cat happened to find a needle with thread on the floor and swallowed it. By the time my uncle found him it was too late. He called us the day we were driving back (from Kansas City to Chicago) and it was a really depressing ride 8-hour car ride home. We ate at this really depressing restaurant on the way that just made it worse and now, 15 years later, whenever we make the drive again and see that place from the expressway, someone says, "there's the restaurant we ate at that night."