Good Signs?!?!

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well last night my girl woke me up several times as I have hubby sleeping on the couch and kitty locked up with me in the room (hehe). She was purring very loudly, very very affectionate and clawing at my pillows and blankets. I tried to coax her into her box, but not a chance....the night continued like this...

This morning, if she wasnt sleeping in strange places ( like middle of hallway floors ) she was walking around meowing. I have checked and have not seen any discharge of any kind.

For about 4 days or so now when I rub her belly, when she lets me, It has been little damp spots, which im gonna assume is her milk comin in? Not all of her mammary glands are "dropping"..but the back ones are hanging low.

The past 2 days I actually had to really check her out as her sides did not seem as big at all, but her belly has seemed to drop, normal?

The past few hours i have notice when she is sleeping on her side her back end seems to get tight/tense and actually makes her back feet draw up towards her belly. This happens very often, she does not seem to be in any pain.

I can still feel the hard little what im gonna refer to is "golf balls" on her sides but they are closer to her back feet. And i have not been seeing as much kitten movement as I was a few days ago.

Thank god her vet appointment is tomorrow afternoon....im going insane!!!!

Do these sound like good signs that i will be seeing cute little faces soon?

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katch4

Well last night my girl woke me up several times as I have hubby sleeping on the couch and kitty locked up with me in the room (hehe). She was purring very loudly, very very affectionate and clawing at my pillows and blankets. I tried to coax her into her box, but not a chance....the night continued like this...

This morning, if she wasnt sleeping in strange places ( like middle of hallway floors ) she was walking around meowing. I have checked and have not seen any discharge of any kind.

For about 4 days or so now when I rub her belly, when she lets me, It has been little damp spots, which im gonna assume is her milk comin in? Not all of her mammary glands are "dropping"..but the back ones are hanging low.

The past 2 days I actually had to really check her out as her sides did not seem as big at all, but her belly has seemed to drop, normal?

The past few hours i have notice when she is sleeping on her side her back end seems to get tight/tense and actually makes her back feet draw up towards her belly. This happens very often, she does not seem to be in any pain.

I can still feel the hard little what im gonna refer to is "golf balls" on her sides but they are closer to her back feet. And i have not been seeing as much kitten movement as I was a few days ago.

Thank god her vet appointment is tomorrow afternoon....im going insane!!!!

Do these sound like good signs that i will be seeing cute little faces soon?
The part about "when she is sleeping on her side her back end seems to get tight/tense and actually makes her back feet draw up towards her belly. This happens very often, she does not seem to be in any pain" sounds like a contraction to me. It might be a mild one, but none the less, it does sound like one.

The back nipples usually do fill first and as they fill, you'll start to notice a rounded fullness to them ... this is called "bagging up" and you'll know it when you see or feel it.

The reduction in the in vitro movement tells me that they may have been shifting into position and are all now in line, getting ready to be born. Sometimes you'll see a little kick or stretch but as they get closer to delivery, the movements do slack off some.

My guess is that she is very close now, probably just a few more days if that!!

Best of luck and of course, do let us know how it goes at the vet tomorrow if she still goes in.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when she is sleeping on her side her back end seems to get tight/tense and actually makes her back feet draw up towards her belly. This happens very often, she does not seem to be in any pain" sounds like a contraction to me.
Thats the part that makes me think she is starting labor.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, good luck and good vibes coming your way for a quick delivery! I know we've talked about this before, I'm going through the same thing with Lily! All she has been doing is laying around and I did hear a couple of squeaks from her as she wanted her kitten soft food LOL. She is a very quiet cat so I'm hoping she becomes vocal in her early stages of labour then I'll know what's going on. Being over at the other house every evening until 10pm is also hard to keep watch over her, but she hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. I did get my new bed for the birthing room delivered today, so I'm ready whenever she is LOL.

Let us know as soon as things progess, I'm waiting in anticipation

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well went to the vet yesterday.....and the light at the end of the (kitten) tunnel got a little dimmer....lol
She figures that she has about a 1-2 weeks left to go?!?!?!?!? I was SHOCKED....but she knows more then me!!

She did not do the xray, said it serves no purpose and is an expense that is not needed. She said it will not tell her with any accuracy how far along she is or how many kittens as sometimes they hide....sooooo I have nooo idea, it'll be a suprise. But she did feel and said she felt 2 ..but again said there may be one or two hiding...

Vet also treated her for ear mites and sent home the stuff to treat my other 2 cats.....Im soooo NOT looking forward to doing that process with my 13 year old GROUCH of a cat!!

Question about ear mites.....Vet said its passed on from other cats, my problem is there is no other cats around here?!?!?! We bought and moved into our present house ( secluded acreage ) in October, the lady that lived here before us had a cat...is there a chance that the previous owners cat left them behind and thats how my cats got them?? They have never had them before!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coco has them but none of my other Cats get them from her. It is strange how a indoor only Cat has them. The Vet is right about the Ultrasound not showing all the Kittens. Thye said Coco would have 3 and she had 5. i can not wait for your Cat to have the kittens and would love to see pics.