*****KatKwery! - June 24 - 2 winners*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glitch used same and rabernet used time. Nobody won by using many, China, or exist first.

Note: If you are the first to use one of the five words, you win 700 points and nobody else can win points after you for using that same word. If you happen to use two of the words, only your first will be counted. Also, as alluded to in the rules, you can only win 700 points a day (as stated in my siggy), unless there was no winner the day before in which case each word is worth 1400 points, etc.

Do you find you have to edit a lot of your posts or are you perfect? Have you ever managed to edit your title within the five minute limit? Have you, like I, tried to change the title and become frustrated because you couldn't? I think most people knew about the 24 hour limit on messages changes, but did you know about being able to change the title within five minutes? Do you have any idea of why you would have 24 hours to change and edit your message but only have five minutes to change the title?

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Do you find you have to edit a lot of your posts or are you perfect? Have you ever managed to edit your title within the five minute limit? Have you, like I, tried to change the title and become frustrated because you couldn't? I think most people knew about the 24 hour limit on messages changes, but did you know about being able to change the title within five minutes? Do you have any idea of why you would have 24 hours to change and edit your message but only have five minutes to change the title?
I do edit quite a few of my posts. I am kinda weird about typos and try to fix them as soon as I catch 'em! I use Firefox and it catches most of the typos before I have a chance to hit submit, but it doesn't catch the wrong usage of words or grammatical errors.

I've never needed to change my title on this forum, but have gotten frustrated with other forums when I've wanted to do just that.

I had no clue there was a limit on any edits on this forum. I think maybe the reason why you only get 5 mins for title changes is so others can find it easily after they've already looked at it.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you find you have to edit a lot of your posts or are you perfect?
lol, I have yet to attain perfection. I dont edit a lot but the option has definitely come in handy a few times!

Have you ever managed to edit your title within the five minute limit? Have you, like I, tried to change the title and become frustrated because you couldn't?
I changed the title once but it didnt change it on the main page, it was only changed once you clicked the thread. Maybe I missed the five minute mark.

I think most people knew about the 24 hour limit on messages changes, but did you know about being able to change the title within five minutes?
Actually I didnt know you only had 24 hours to edit a post, I also didnt know about the five minute limit.

Do you have any idea of why you would have 24 hours to change and edit or delete your message but only have five minutes to change the title?
I would think that it would have something to do with the way the site backs itself up? Or maybe its so spammers cant create a post and keep changing it? Beats me!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glitch used same and rabernet used time. Nobody used many, China, or exist.

I usually use Iespell so the only thing I edit my posts for is adding text or removing text. I didn't know you only had five minutes to change the title of your post. Maybe you only get five minutes because if you changed it say ten hours later then other members probably wouldn't realize the title has been changed. That's my only guess for the reason of that time limit. I have deleted posts quite a few times and I am aware that you can't delete your post yourself if it starts the thread. A moderator has to do that.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glitch used same and rabernet used time. Nobody used many, China, or exist.

Thanks for the points!

I DO NOT edit my posts very often at all. I dislike editing them, and only if later on I realise I said something I shouldn't have will I go and edit them out! I didn't know about the being able to change the title in the first five minutes! I remember when I first started here you asked a question on how to do something and I went and started a thread thinking I could delete it but nooo it wouldn't work! In the end I had a thread with gibberish as the title and nothing written in the message part! I had to ask a mod to remove it!
I have no idea why you could change the message but not the title in the same ammount of time given! However, is that different for paying members? I know that we get extra time to edit but I dont know how much!
(at least I THINK I know that
) Maybe the title in 5 minutes is because at that point its already drawn peoples attention and they wouldn't be able to know where they put their replys after that???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am far from perfect so try to always do the Preview Post before posting, but even then I will spot something that I need to edit. Truth here, I never knew about the five minute limit until today. I have tried to edit the title after five minutes and could not figure out why I could not change the title. I have absolutely no idea why you can have so long to change your message text but not be able to change, say, a date you use in the Title. I have had to get a moderator to do this for me. I am wondering if a moderator will come along and tell us why there is a five minute limit on changing the title.

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have to edit a lot of my posts, but there are posts that I DO go back and edit if I see something mis-spelled or forgot to include a thought or point to my post. I was not aware that you could edit your title at all - it's nice to know that I can change it within five minutes! I also didn't know I had 24 hours to edit my post, I just assumed that it was about an hour limit or so. I don't have any idea why they would allow you to change the body of your post for 24 hours, but only be able to change your title in the first five minutes. I like learning all sorts of new things here!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I edit some of the posts but normally will use spell checker. Sometimes I see I missed a word or two but normally within a couple of minutes. I didn't even know you could edit the title, as I never had any need to. I didn't know that there was a 24 hour limit on changing a message though. I have noticed that I couldn't edit but it never even entered my mind that there was a time limit. I have no idea why there is different time limits.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i sometimes edit, but i often preview my post to eliminate the need to edit. that said - sometimes i think of something AFTER i've posted. then i either edit or simply post another time.
i have no idea why there is a 24 hour limit at all... i would think that 1 hour should be plenty!
i also didn't know you had 5 minutes to change the title.. but then, i've never had a 'need to know'!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you find you have to edit a lot of your posts or are you perfect?
I edit a lot

Have you ever managed to edit your title within the five minute limit?
Usually I notice right after I posted and then I change it

Have you, like I, tried to change the title and become frustrated because you couldn't?
I haven't tried this no

I think most people knew about the 24 hour limit on messages changes, but did you know about being able to change the title within five minutes?
I didn't know this

Do you have any idea of why you would have 24 hours to change and edit or delete your message but only have five minutes to change the title?

I would also have to say it probably has something to do with the loading of the site and the working order of it?