ERRRRR!! My boss is fighting my unemployment again!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the same boss that fired me by text message for taking two days off for family emergency. She's being absolutely ridiculous! She even flat out lied a couple times!

First she is saying I was discharged for misconduct, then she's saying that I voluntarily left, AND that I'm being over paid! ($160 a week)

Why can't the umemployment office see the problem right there?! She's contradicting herself! I can't be fired for misconduct AND voluntarily quit!

She also has a habbit of lying and I can't belive she's lying to the unemployment office, especially when I have proof and recorded her voicemails.

I answered the phone a couple weeks ago when I got a call from the unemployment office and the woman asked me why I left my job.
"What do you mean I left my job? She fired me." The woman went on to explain that my boss said that she offered to give me my job back, but I refused it. I thought about it, and then I remembered a voicemail I got...... "Stephanie, bring your keys and your shirt to work and explain to me why you shouldn't be fired." THAT must have been my job offer!

So now we have another hearing by phone and a Judge will be calling me....

Oh, and here's the text message
Just for laughs. She's a 40 yr old, if you were wondering

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you're having such an issue. Some bosses are just jerks... in fact, many of them are...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Sorry you're having such an issue. Some bosses are just jerks... in fact, many of them are...
That's no kidding, I just can't wait for this to be over.....

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by save_adopt

ick. im sorry. its kinda pathetic when older people talk like teens on text huh?
Hahaha, I was hoping someone else would catch that! I do think it's pathetic!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think so to like is it that hard to add a few more letters to your words?? IMO I think texting like that makes you just sound dumb (but in this case she seems to be dumb anyway
)

what a jerk of a lady I hope everything turns out in your favour since she sounds like she needs a kick in the arse

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That really stinks! I just had to wait almost 2 months to get my unemployment, but they back paid me for all the time, over $15,00, now I get $315 a week for a year or until I find a job. The bad thing is no more 401k or health insurance. I took 2 retail jobs, but just can't do it any more. My doc wants me to apply for disability which would automatically get me medicaid, but I really would rather work in a job I could handle. I can't even go all he way through Wal-Mart any more, I have been so weak lately. I wish there was another call center here.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she have a boss? It might be worth going to see him/her and taking the evidence that you have with you just in case. Unless she owns the company, she has a boss.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! How ridiculous! I usually try to see both sides, or the "possible" other side, anyway, but in this case, I think she's just insane!

I mean, seriously, what type of so-called professional fires someone over the phone, in that ridiculous "ur" type of not-spelling, in a TEXT MESSAGE and then has the nerve to deny it??

For you that this all works out!
And, as Natalie_ca said, report this to her boss, or any one above her. Not sure where you are, but there may be some kind of business association that can give her a bad name.

But I also HAVE to do:
at her for being SUCH a loser!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

I think so to like is it that hard to add a few more letters to your words?? IMO I think texting like that makes you just sound dumb (but in this case she seems to be dumb anyway
)

what a jerk of a lady I hope everything turns out in your favour since she sounds like she needs a kick in the arse
no kidding! Between you and I, she is dumb!

Originally Posted by krazy kat2

That really stinks! I just had to wait almost 2 months to get my unemployment, but they back paid me for all the time, over $15,00, now I get $315 a week for a year or until I find a job. The bad thing is no more 401k or health insurance. I took 2 retail jobs, but just can't do it any more. My doc wants me to apply for disability which would automatically get me medicaid, but I really would rather work in a job I could handle. I can't even go all he way through Wal-Mart any more, I have been so weak lately. I wish there was another call center here.
I had to wait a month before they sent me my first check! I hope I find a job soon because I'm so tired of this crap!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Does she have a boss? It might be worth going to see him/her and taking the evidence that you have with you just in case. Unless she owns the company, she has a boss.
Sadly she owns the place, a little coffe shop, so she's the boss.

Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Oh wow! How ridiculous! I usually try to see both sides, or the "possible" other side, anyway, but in this case, I think she's just insane!

I mean, seriously, what type of so-called professional fires someone over the phone, in that ridiculous "ur" type of not-spelling, in a TEXT MESSAGE and then has the nerve to deny it??

For you that this all works out!
And, as Natalie_ca said, report this to her boss, or any one above her. Not sure where you are, but there may be some kind of business association that can give her a bad name.

But I also HAVE to do:
at her for being SUCH a loser!
I'm glad you're on my side and don't even know the whole story, it's WAY too long to share. It's ridiculous and I will be glad when it's over!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow she's hit a new low. I hope it gets resolved soon and you get everything you deserve.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your boss doesn't seem like she should be in a managerial position! Oy vey, people with "power"

I hope everything works out for you and she stops lying to the unemployment offices! Save those texts and voicemails for sure. From your original post (I remember reading it), it seems like she was just trying to find a reason to let you go anyway.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can file a claim with the labour board in your area. It's basically like suing her based on her brusiness practices. In this case you would be lodging a complaint for the childish way she's behaving with you, as well as to get a proper separation form so that you can collect unemployment insurance.

You may have to drag in fellow employees to swear on your behalf that you were fired and did not up and quit.

I had to do that with 2 employers in the past. One refused to give me a T4 slip for tax purposes and another refused to give me my last pay cheque claiming instead that I quit instead of being let go. And I would have had to do it a 3rd time to get my vacation payout and 2 week hold back pay (they claimed I didn't have a 2 week hold back because I worked in the office) from another job but I was fortunate enough to be a pack rat back then and saved all of my pay stubs and had physical proof that I had a 2 week hold back when I first started and then somewhere along the line they changed the payroll date but did not give me the money that they had withheld from back then. I told them that if they didn't pay up that I would go to the labour board. They knew they didn't stand a chance, so they gave me the money.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i had one of my employers try to fight my unemployment once. however, they filed the appeal/complaint/whatever 2 days later than the deadline.
don't know if that's what did it, but they lost.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep appealing the denial. Eventually she won't show up for a hearing, and she'll lose.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, that text message was real professional.
Ok, not only is it unprofessional and childish to fire you by test message; but she uses web speak as if she's in junior high school. Does she not know how to spell "your"? Show that to the Judge!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a CD that has the text message and the voicemails I saved and recorded. I'm hoping they will see that and say "what the :censor." She also lied about how she fired me, go figure
"I then called Stephanie and left a message that she was fired."