What has gotten into him?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie has been so bad today that I don't know if the muggy weather is bothering him, or what. I came downstairs this morning to discover that he'd pushed his automatic feeder off the counter, breaking the bowl inside. These feeders with timers come with plastic bowls, which I won't use, and I've only managed to find two china bowls that fit. Now one of them has been smashed to smithereens.

He'd also unplugged the telephone, which means I had to reprogram it.

Some time today he decided to spray one of the front cellar windows, something he hasn't done in months. (He's been castrated since he was 6 months old, but still marks outside every day when we have our walk, and sometimes in the cellar.)

Is this his way of telling me he's having a bad day?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure sounds like it, Tricia! I know I shouldn't laugh, but his antics sure are funny.

Jamie -- give Mom a break, eh?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Some time today he decided to spray one of the front cellar windows, something he hasn't done in months. (He's been castrated since he was 6 months old, but still marks outside every day when we have our walk, and sometimes in the cellar.)

Is this his way of telling me he's having a bad day?
Yes Tricia, I can vouch for that as I always spray the windows when I am having a bad day!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least hes not making his overseas calls

I hope his day gets better, as Im sure you do, too.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The silly booger! He may have saw a tom outside, and that could have made him a litte high strung. I hope he gets it out of his system!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's any consolation Tricia, my naughty boys (Go, Ashley, Ichi, San) have managed to knock down my 14" TV, mess up the wires behind the computer, ran away with my eyeglasses, upset 3 out of 6 water dishes in one kitty stampede, etc... All within 24 hours.

Boys will be boys - whatever the species.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't you just love these days!!?
Hades will have a day like that every once in awhile, it's like he can't help but get in trouble at every turn

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leo, my RB kitty hit the button for 911 one evening we were sitting around drinking and being silly with out of town company. Imagine our surprise when the police showed up at our door at 2:00 am. I had to go out and talk to him because I was the least drunk and most likely victim. Fortunately, it was an officer that my SO had tattooed, but I had not met. He left and we all had a good laugh at our silly cat.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

At least hes not making his overseas calls
Or unplugging your refrigerator.

Is there a new Tom Cat prowling around your neighborhood Tricia?
Something set Jamie off.

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the heat has been getting to my cats too. Mostly fighting amongst themselves. Always starving for fresh cold water.

Flies in the house have caused them to destroys some window coverings and knock a few things over.

Silly cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Or unplugging your refrigerator.

Is there a new Tom Cat prowling around your neighborhood Tricia?
Something set Jamie off.
There's a neutered male who lives one street over who has recently discovered our yard, and I think Jamie is upset about his ever more frequent visits. Robert has seen the cat (a very nice tuxie ) peering in our cellar windows.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The next thing you know Tricia, you will find Jamie calling his new visitor asking if he can come over and play.

Be a good boy Jamie...
is that even possible?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

The next thing you know Tricia, you will find Jamie calling his new visitor asking if he can come over and play.

Be a good boy Jamie...
is that even possible?
He's usually a little angel, Lei, and has somewhat mellowed with age. Maybe I should get his new "friend's" number?