Paris and the Return!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the kitties are all over me and they took it very well with our two night away trip, the only thing we came home too is that they pee peed in the laundry basket, and to find that my 15 year old Italian walldrobe partially fell apart, the clothes are on the floor and the shelf is just manky and now i think i will take the clothes out and have to put it on the other side or maybe just stick it in a box and ship it out already

I suppose one less thing to sell now, although I did expect to make some decent money out of it.

Anyway! Paris was lovely, looked too much like Rome though, the only thing that made a difference was the Eiffel tower, took us ages to find it, you'd expect to see such a huge thing sticking out or peeking out in some parts of Paris, nuhuh, Travis first took me to the wrong part, we ended up eating in a fancy restaurant, then i decided to drag him the way i thought it would be correct because i saw such an open space that would be it, voila! i was correct! We had nice dinner, we even had a traditional french Fondue! Crembulee, and Strawberry Tiramisu!

On saturday morning i had the worst breakfast according to FH, well the cheapest thing in the menu was either a Crepe or Chips, so thats what i ordered! The crepe came with three clumps of whipped cream, yes i have to admit I did feel quite queezi afterwards and made me feel like a big hippopotamus and slow.. but it was well worth it.

FH kept on complaining that the beer was expensive which it truly was, it was 8 euros per glass which equivaletes to $12 USD per glass! for a bottle of water in a restaurant it was 5 EUR close to $7

I ended up bringing with me my bottle of water from germany as its only 20 cents! Also in the restaurants we got to have free water that came in flower vases.
We also drank champagne, but it wasn't quite my taste. It was quite bitter.

So On friday night we got to the Eiffel tower got to stay there at night when all the fairy lights come on! On Saturday we went to the Notra Dame and a few other churches and interestingly we decided to follow some americans and they lead us to a free entry museum. Fell up the stairs three times and on my last trip i sprained my finger, its pretty bruised and still sore! and Yesterday we went to the Big famous museum which is... Drum roll.......... The LOURVE!!!!!!! We saw the real Mona Lisa, and walked around three hours until FH got sick of it and decided to leave, we came accross a nice wisconscin sp? woman and she was telling us about the lakes and stuff and this kind of museum over there, for me it was hard to understand her, she had a thick accent.

Positive facts:
French people are not snooty the way they are potrayed around the world.
Their Bakeries are delicious
Paris is very very very multicultural.

Negative facts:
Paris is not wheelchair accessible
Their train stations smell worse than three cat litters not being cleaned in years. I gaged each time i had to go down there. Either people really do take a leak down the station, or there is a serious contamination down there. I think Paris has enough money to buy enough bleach to clean down the stations once a week!
Paris stairs are dangerous for clumsy people

Paris is only for very well off people!

As for the photos, FH smashed the camera by accident just minutes before arriving the ET, he dropped it and as he was catching it he smashed it even harder into the ground and completely did the lenses in, we did end up buying a disposable camera but we didn't use it up on our trip so it will be a while before we will get them developed, will post the pics a little later from the camera.

I am sure we did some other things but i cant remember them as of this moment!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh and of course i forgot to say, people in Paris dress so well, their clothes and shoes are just beautiful! i got a really cute pair of shoes for only 15 euros that you wouldn't ever find here in Frankfurt!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for sharing Fran!! I spoke with my sister yesterday as we finalize our family reunion plans (and her daughter's wedding) in Paris next month. I was warned to dress nicely (no summer camp clothes). She specifically mentioned the wheel chair problem. My other sister is renting a wheel chair while over there and she is going to have a hard time getting around.

We will be staying in the same district as the Louvre and am definitely going to spend time there. My sweet sister rented an apartment for all of us to stay together. She's been to Paris a lot (and her daughter lives there on and off) so they will be great guides for us.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, Paris. I've spent most of a week there twice in my life. The first time was enjoyable. The second time was fantastic, because by then, I spoke French fluently. We stayed just a block or two away from the Eiffel Tower, and (at the time) spent only about $25/night for two rooms, breakfast included.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in Paris we the group stayed at some hotel that was popular with the Asian tourists and but had some nice views from the rooms. We did one of those boat trips on the Seine-I think those are geared towards tourists. It was close to Bastille Day so they had the Effiel tower closed at night for security so we were unable to ride up the elevators.
The food was ok-once I had duck (yucky). I thought the wine would have been better.
Since this was a garden tour we didn't get a chance to see any of the sights only by bus!!
It was interesting you saw someone from my home of Wisconsin and what museum she was taking about and it then you thought she had an accent if you would think I had an accent!!
An interesting weekend though!! And for your wardrobe-perhaps you can still sell to someone who has furniture repair skills??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

When I was in Paris we the group stayed at some hotel that was popular with the Asian tourists and but had some nice views from the rooms. We did one of those boat trips on the Seine-I think those are geared towards tourists. It was close to Bastille Day so they had the Effiel tower closed at night for security so we were unable to ride up the elevators.
The food was ok-once I had duck (yucky). I thought the wine would have been better.
Since this was a garden tour we didn't get a chance to see any of the sights only by bus!!
It was interesting you saw someone from my home of Wisconsin and what museum she was taking about and it then you thought she had an accent if you would think I had an accent!!
An interesting weekend though!! And for your wardrobe-perhaps you can still sell to someone who has furniture repair skills??
I doubt it, after the clear out i saw that some of my shoes were mouldy, pulled the back part off and saw how much mould there really is, as soon as FH leaves for work i will post pics.