TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › George Carlin Passes Away
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

George Carlin Passes Away

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture figure famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure near Los Angeles Sunday, Reuters reported. He was was 71.
Story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370121,00.html

Loved George Carlin. May he RIP.
post #2 of 16
I saw that... may he rest in peace.

post #3 of 16
How sad

It seems we are losing a lot of the great celebrities now. Unfortunately no one of this particular era even comes close to the celebrities of 20 plus years ago.
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post

Loved George Carlin. May he RIP.
i always found him funny...
reading that story makes you wonder what caused it... misspent youth?
& for his loved ones.
post #5 of 16
He was one of my all time favorite comedians. IMO "Religion" is the funniest thing ever written.

RIP George Carlin. Or rather, come up with some rude and hilarious insights about death, since you are now in the know.
post #6 of 16
George Carlin was a comedic genius with a gift for being able to make the gloomiest social commentary and make it funny. He could make light of subjects serious to silly, and seemed to take great pleasure from offending those that he felt needed offending.

I miss him already.
post #7 of 16
I loved him too RIP George Carlin
post #8 of 16
I'm getting into the phase of life when well-known figures from my "youth" are passing away, and it's like I'm losing little bits and pieces of my life. I think this started when John Lennon was shot. It doesn't feel very good. It's like passing the "point of no return."

About George Carlin, it's really sad. He represented "cool" to my generation. At least much of his work is preserved, and maybe even more will be released now.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
I'm getting into the phase of life when well-known figures from my "youth" are passing away, and it's like I'm losing little bits and pieces of my life. I think this started when John Lennon was shot. It doesn't feel very good. It's like passing the "point of no return."
Well said Tim.

Several years ago, my adult children, their spouses and I went to a George Carlin show.
He made us laugh until our tummies hurt.
He was brilliant.

You will be missed George.
post #10 of 16
Once again, well put Tim.
Have you noticed there are no longer 7 words you can't say on television?
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
I'm getting into the phase of life when well-known figures from my "youth" are passing away, and it's like I'm losing little bits and pieces of my life. I think this started when John Lennon was shot. It doesn't feel very good. It's like passing the "point of no return."

About George Carlin, it's really sad. He represented "cool" to my generation. At least much of his work is preserved, and maybe even more will be released now.
Tim, I am with you. I was just thinking about that. RIP George.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
About George Carlin, it's really sad. He represented "cool" to my generation. At least much of his work is preserved, and maybe even more will be released now.

He was to a lot of folks as you say. The biggest surprise for me was when he came out and admitted he was gay. He sure didn't fit the "general" perception of gay.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
He was to a lot of folks as you say. The biggest surprise for me was when he came out and admitted he was gay. He sure didn't fit the "general" perception of gay.
I have NEVER heard that before, he was married forever and then she died and he had a girlfriend when he died
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
I have NEVER heard that before, he was married forever and then she died and he had a girlfriend when he died
He wasn't gay - I was just being mischievious. He was wonderful. He stood up for what he believed in and didn't let the establishment rule him.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
He wasn't gay - I was just being mischievious. He was wonderful. He stood up for what he believed in and didn't let the establishment rule him.
OMG you are bad, I was wondering how I could have missed that
post #16 of 16
RIP George!

He was the funniest man I've ever seen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breaking Mews
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › George Carlin Passes Away