TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Don't cry Mommy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Don't cry Mommy!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
A few days ago I was at the computer reading the news. A local Law Enforcement Officer had been killed in the line of duty and tears were running down my face as I read about this young Officer. Smokey jumped on my lap, put her paws on my chest and began to lick my tears away. She was trying to comfort me the only way she could.
It was one of those moments that just show how wonderful cats are. Not only fun and playful side but the loving, compassionate side.
post #2 of 12
Aww that is very sweet
post #3 of 12
my RB cat, Medley, would really respond to tears... i had her during a time when i was depressed & cried a great deal. she would always come from wherever she was to console me.
once, after moving, i thought she'd gotten out - i'd looked everywhere, inside cabinets, etc. & couldn't find her. i'd called & she hadn't come. i was so distraught, i sat in the middle of the floor & sobbed - & i don't know where she'd been hiding, but she came right out to soothe me!
post #4 of 12
Awww! Animals are so intuitive and can sense when something is wrong. I know last year when I was at the end of my rope and facing bankruptcy, I was an emotional mess. Both my kitties knew something was up and were extra cuddly and wanted to be near me even more.

Have animals that give unconditional love is such a special thing
post #5 of 12
Awws...how very sweet of your kitty...animals are very smart& can tell with things are wrong
post #6 of 12
Both my boys will do that, especially Rocky.

Nibbles , one of the brother-sister pair that we had when I was a kid, would come running every time he heard my little brother crying.
post #7 of 12
I think she just was going for the salt in the tears.
post #8 of 12
How precious. They know us so well and instinctively sense just what we need.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilad View Post
A few days ago I was at the computer reading the news. A local Law Enforcement Officer had been killed in the line of duty and tears were running down my face as I read about this young Officer. Smokey jumped on my lap, put her paws on my chest and began to lick my tears away. She was trying to comfort me the only way she could.
It was one of those moments that just show how wonderful cats are. Not only fun and playful side but the loving, compassionate side.

aww.....how sweet
post #10 of 12
Aww bless. Mitzi's the one who normally causes the tears due to her chomping of the arms and legs!
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-VeganCandy-x View Post
Awws...how very sweet of your kitty...animals are very smart& can tell with things are wrong
They sure can, Arwen will come and sit on my lap or on my tummy if I am feeling low...she will stare at me with her huge green eyes with affection..so cute of her
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
my RB cat, Medley, would really respond to tears... i had her during a time when i was depressed & cried a great deal. she would always come from wherever she was to console me.
once, after moving, i thought she'd gotten out - i'd looked everywhere, inside cabinets, etc. & couldn't find her. i'd called & she hadn't come. i was so distraught, i sat in the middle of the floor & sobbed - & i don't know where she'd been hiding, but she came right out to soothe me!
My RB Oreo was like that too

She was very sensitive to my emotions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Don't cry Mommy!