What do you do?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you buy ribbons on TCS do you buy them because you support the cause or do you buy them as a gift for someone with that particular affliction or problem? Or do you do both. Would you be offended if someone got you a ribbon for like a disease you have, like it was being rubbed in your face? Or would you be happy that someone thought of you ?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you can buy them for other people. I believe you buy them for yourself to show support.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I don't think you can buy them for other people. I believe you buy them for yourself to show support.
mine are for headaches [me], breast cancer [mom] & other cancer [grandmother].

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Really? I didn't know that. OK then.
I just checked and there is no spot for a user name so yes, you can't buy them for other members. I've never noticed that before.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never knew whether or not you could buy them for others - but I guess we've found out that's impossible!

I bought the WTC victims one for myself because I lived in New Jersey at the time of the attacks and my heart has gone out to all the victims of 9/11 and the men and women who helped and rescued in NYC. The attacks were about 40 miles from where I lived at the time, so it hit close to home.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought a ribbon for melanoma since my mum and dad had it

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt know that you coldn't but them for others either, lol.

I also didn't know they had a WTC one! Imma go get one! Nice thread!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Really? I didn't know that. OK then.
I just checked and there is no spot for a user name so yes, you can't buy them for other members. I've never noticed that before.
OK, I won't rub it in, but that was a KatKwiz question before. That must have been one of the ones you didn't win!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's ok everyone! I only knew because I wanted to buy some and then found out I couldn't buy them for others.

Oh and "I've been kissed" was pretty much just a chain letter that got sent out awhile back that said "You've been kissed, put a heart in your siggy" etc.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Periwinkle ribbon (for GERD and IBS) both conditions of which i have been dealing with for years.

If there were one for PCOS or infertility, i would add that one too.