Petfinder Videos/Pictures - A play on words - What do you think?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Need opinions on what pics to use for Bea for Petfinder.

These are the ones I currently have up.

This is the link to all the pics I have of her in my Photobucket....which are the good ones of all I've taken.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/Bea/

Password is: beastiekat

I don't like the one of me & her....want to put a different one in that space.

Which one(s) would you choose for Petfinder?

This is the video I made of her (long, I know) for Petfinder....what do you think?

And her write-up:

Bea is above & beyond “special needsâ€. This girl needs a miracle, that purr-fect home who will love her with all the “baggage†she comes with.

Bea was a stray, already spayed & front declawed. The problem? Her claws were growing back in, every step was agony. It was decided the only thing to do would be to re-declaw her. Now just imagine the recovery of a 15 lb. kitty, having her feet re-declawed. The surgery was extensive, and it was not fun for her, to say the least (I was in the visit her one day post op, the bandaged paws, the pained expression on her face....something I shall never in my life forget). As a result of the surgery, her paws are huge, and she is essentially lacking most of her toes.

To speed her recovery, Bea was placed into a foster home. She is less than thrilled with other animals, definitely used to being an “only princess†in her home. Sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s been there for months now. Still not thrilled with the other animals, although she does do OK with the dogs both big & small. She has also met another kitty, a flighty goofyball. She can co-exist with the other kitty.

Beaâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s paws have healed quite a bit. She is no longer as sensitive about her feet being touched. Her purr-sonality has changed as she healed. She is much less reserved. She is very playful, LOVES her catnip banana. She is very much so a lap cat. Now that warmer weather has come around, she spends a great deal of time lounging in the open window sniffing the breeze.

She has her favorite bed to sleep in. She can show you how to truly enjoy the simple things in life, and can easily bring tears to your eyes just watching her love life after being given a second chance at it. She is a big lap kitty. Sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll walk up, put a paw on your leg, and give you her best ‘Puss is Boots (from Shrek)â€[emoji]8482[/emoji] face. Oh my does it ever work on her foster mom every time!

Bea will require a special diet for life, which costs around $40 per month. She would make an excellent lap cat for a retired couple or single person. She gets quite excited to see people coming to visit her, and does follow her foster mom about keeping her company.

Sometimes, you just know your home is missing something. Could this kitty 'Bea' what your home is missing?

I tend to look at it from the point of view of someone who's been doing this for 4 years now. I don't see what "normal" people would....so I greatly appreciate feedback (positive & negative).

I just really want her to be adopted, even if it is a long shot.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i love the write-up - if i didn't already have 5, i'd take her in a heartbeat!
i love this pic:
and this one, showing her w/her banana

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bea is such a beautiful girl. I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't take her. Sure she has special needs but look at her, who wouldn't give anything to gorgeous girl.
Tons of that she gets a great home.
I love these photos

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you should put these 2 photos in:

And the write up is purr-fect! Do you think you need to mention her litter box issues or will you wait until you have someone interested before mentioning that?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think anyone who truly loves cats and has the ability to care for her needs so she can have the home she deserves won't hesitate. She is a truly special kitty that deserves the very best home. With that passionate write up and those gorgeous photos she will capture the heart of someone real soon.

I like the photo of you with her.
It shows how cuddly she is letting herself be held like that!

When I was looking for my cats (only three till i get a larger place
) I would have snatched her right up! Truly, she is super special
Too bad my house is full for now...but I will not dwell on it. Some other lucky person will have the honor of taking care of her and recieving her love.
Lucky them.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

I think anyone who truly loves cats and has the ability to care for her needs so she can have the home she deserves won't hesitate. She is a truly special kitty that deserves the very best home. With that passionate write up and those gorgeous photos she will capture the heart of someone real soon.

I like the photo of you with her.
It shows how cuddly she is letting herself be held like that!

When I was looking for my cats (only three till i get a larger place
) I would have snatched her right up! Truly, she is super special
Too bad my house is full for now...but I will not dwell on it. Some other lucky person will have the honor of taking care of her and recieving her love.
Lucky them.
i really wish i could take her, too!
you sure she doesn't wanna live in Texas w/5 other cats?

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's so beautiful, and the write-up is great too. Hope she goes to a great home with people who can take good care of this gorgeous, special princess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty sure she wouldn't use the LB at all if she had to co-exist with cats other than (weirdo) Molly.
She only likes Molly because she can beat her up (she whaps Molly, Molly runs away acting all scared, then Molly runs back at her....she whaps Molly....they go round & round like that).

As for mentioning any of her other issues - I prefer not to put them on the internet directly as she'll never get adopted. Usually, when you talk to someone in person, you can help them understand her issues. When you put it in type, it just makes her completely undesirable. Especially since we're almost on or above a month with no "out of the box" incidents.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the picture of her in the blue shirt! And the two that Sarah suggested are great.

The only thing that I would change is mentioning the price of her special diet. You want to be honest about it but sometimes people just focus on the cost and it turns them off.

Potential adopters need to fall in love with her then hear the details.

The only things I would stress are that she needs a special diet (who knows maybe they can make it work for less than the estimate) and she needs to be an only cat if possible.