*****KatKwery! - June 22 - 2 winners*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had problems with TCS yesterday, sorry about the double post. I went through both of them and here is what I found:

zoeysmom was the first to use member and laureen227 was the first to use know. Words not used were disk, aware, and level.

Note: I use a search engine to go through your answers looking for word use. If you ever see that it missed something, pm me and it will be taken care of right away.

Did you, by chance go to the Bathing your Cat article and give up at that point? Were you familiar with the Sphinx cat before now? Did you find the cat but did not know how to use the Managed attachments (images) feature? How often do you bathe your cats? What kind of problems, if any, do you have when you bathe your cats?

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The KatKwiz was already answered by the time I found the thread today, so I did not participate. I'm sure I could have figured out how to post the picture has I attempted to! During the summer, I'll have more time to master some of the features of the site.

I did know about the sphynx cat - I think Rachel Green bought one on an episode of Friends. I've also seen folks here on TCS post about their cats. I'm not a huge fan of hairless cats...I prefer the fluff!

Never. Well, at least not so far. Since my kittens are indoor cats and they clean/groom themselves, I don't bathe. If I needed to (like when I first brought Zoey home from the shelter), I think I'd stick to waterless shampoo. I imagine there would be plenty of scratching, meowing, and hissing. That said, these kittens might not be too bad since there are obsessed with the shower and the sink. They sit in the bathroom and wait until I get out of the shower to hop into the tub and start playing with the water. So, Belle and Delilah would like the bath. However, it's not really needed, so I'm not going to try until I have to!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I had problems with TCS yesterday, sorry about the double post. I went through both of them and here is what I found:

zoeysmom was the first to use member and laureen227 was the first to use know. Words not used were disk, aware, and level.

Note: I use a search engine to go through your answers looking for word use. If you ever see that it missed something, pm me and it will be taken care of right away.

Did you, by chance go to the Bathing your Cat article and give up at that point? Were you familiar with the Sphinx cat before now? Did you find the cat but did not know how to use the Managed attachments (images) feature? How often do you bathe your cats? What kind of problems, if any, do you have when you bathe your cats?
I went there, but I didn't give up, although the answer had already been found! I wanted to figure out HOW it was found! I did not know that Sphinx cat needed to be sponge bathed! That was new to me! I knew how to put up an attachment but since it was done, and I checked to make sure it was right I didn't put up a reply! I give my kitties baths about once every couple of months! Anymore than that and their fur gets dry and cracks! My cats fight me during bathing, they dont like it! I often end up with scratches and blood, a few gouges here, a couple stiches there! Ya know, the usual cats hate water stuff! Although if they get into the water themselves they dont mind it, but if I try to make them take their baths they're very unhappy with me!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

most of mine have been bathed at some point... usually for fleas . i've never had to bathe Chip or Java, but Cable got a couple of flea baths. Firefox had a skin infection, so she got several baths as a kitten in order to treat that... but she's not had any since.
can't remember if i ever had to bathe Pixel. i did do some 'cat wipes' baths for Mouse when she was ill & had stopped grooming herself... her meds would get all over her, plus she peed on herself once. but i didn't want to stress her more w/a water bath.

ETA: the KatKwiz had already been answered - altho i would've assumed a Sphynx, just based on common sense!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well like I've been saying, I knew exactly where the article was from searching around for a previous Katkwiz. I have heard of a Sphynx before today. I think it would be a little weird to have a cat with no hair but I'm sure there are a lot of perks to it. For example, no cat hair on your clothes or furniture. The Sphynx featured in the picture is really cute. I've never bathed my cat. Never had a reason too really. I knew how to use the manage attachment option because I've used it a few times before. I wonder why the Sphynx breed has no hair. I'm sure there is an article on TCS about it that I can read and find out. I will have to look for it.

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I didn't know there was a bathing your cat articale but I'll have to check it out now. I have heard of the Sphinx cat and and thought it might be it, but couldn't find anything about it on the cat breeds page so I assumed I was wrong and started looking at other cats then 3 mins later someone posted the answer. I don't bathe my cats mostly cause I don't have any yet but I did try to bath a cat I had when I was younger, It was a calico Male weighing 29 1/2 pounds. It was a horrifing experince that scared me for life...right down my right arm
Thats one of the reasons I want a somali they apparently like water and don't attempt to assinate thier caretakers when faced with water.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't read the article and by the time I read the KatKwiz, it had already been answered.

I have never had the need to bathe the girls. They are so clean! The only thing I have ever done was take a damp cloth to gently wipe their eyes when they got a little bit of litter dust in them. Their eyes were watering and the dust was sticking below their eyes. They do not like it when I do this at all!

I did have a cat many years ago, that I had to bathe in a betadine solution for a skin problem. It took the two of us to hold in the bath! That was my RB girl, Kiki. I also had to wrap another kitty in a wet towel to bring down a fever that she got when she bit into a big beetle bug and had a reaction. Her cute little pale pink nose was a bright pink! She just laid in there in my arms when suddenly, she discovered she was wet! It was ok for awhile before the fever broke. She was very mad at me for awhile but steered away from those beetle bugs after that!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the time I got to the KatKwiz it was already answered, as usual, but when read the question, I automatically assumed it was the Sphinx or some other hairless breed. Which sort of answers the next question, yes, I have heard of the breed before, and I have seen some at a cat show before. They are not the breed for me, as I am a long-haired cat lover, but they are cute in their own right, and I definitely am attracted to their non-shedding attribute.

As for the managed attachments, like I said in an earlier Kwery, I have used it before, but I still prefer to use a photo-hosting site, simply because I dont have a lot of storage space available.

I dont bathe the cats, we have long-haired cats, when they do appear to need a bath, my youngest daughter is the one who braves the trenches. For the most part, the cats keep themselves clean, but on occasion the boys will get them sticky or whatnot. We do bathe the foster kittens we get though; mainly to get them used to water and baths. Friends of our adopted a kitten from one of last year's batches and they rave about how their cat runs to the bathroom whenever they hear the faucet running. The hardest part about bathing kittens is calming the mother cat who hears her babies crying

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not me! But I thought that many of you would go there first, it is only logical. DW and I have been to Eygpt and when researching that trip I became acquainted with the Sphinx cat. I of course know how to use managed attachments or else I should not be hosting the KatKwiz! OK, I am really going to receive the baddies on this one but I have never bathed my cats. They are inside cats only and they really do clean theirselves all the time and I often stick my nose right down in their fur and they smell clean! Therefore, I have not had any problems with bathing my cats but can imagine all kinds of problems if I tried.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you, by chance go to the Bathing your Cat article and give up at that point? No, I went to cat breeds and then got stumped because I knew I had just read something about sponge baths when looking for another Kwiz answer but under the breed section (and not the grooming article) it doesnt mention sponges!

Were you familiar with the Sphinx cat before now?
I've heard of it and happened across a few pictures but I hadnt read about it before.

Did you find the cat but did not know how to use the Managed attachments (images) feature?
I know how to use that feature...well..I think I do, I havent actually tried. But I expect its the same as attachments on any other forum.

How often do you bathe your cats?
Never unless they get in to something. Chester got one bath after he had a UTI and my old kitty got a bath because she was sleeping in her litter box but thats about the only time Ive ever given cats a bath.

What kind of problems, if any, do you have when you bathe your cats?
Chester scratched (good thing I trimmed his claws) but the other cat behaved beautifully. Knots were a little bit of a problem with Chester, but he got brushed very well and I got out the blow dryer for my other cat. It was a suprisingly uneventfull bath for both of them.