Why do people do that?! How would you handle it?

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hubby & I were out for a walk yesterday. I made eye contact with these 2 guys while window shopping. Next thing I know they both say "AHHHHH' real loud literally next to hubby's ears as they pass us (going opposite direction). I was preoccupied so I simply look at them like 'what was that?' Hubby was preoccupied as well but since they did it almost next to his ears he was caught off guard. Just as soon as they finish hubby turn around & let out a bunch of profanity, almost as loud as they did to him
. They were surprised, looked at each other & keep walking the other way.

He said people do this sort of thing pick their target, probably mostly couple since it's unlikely for a guy to come after them esp. with a girlfriend/wife. This is why it's important to say something so they know not to screw with you again. My thought was 'what goes around comes around'; karma does exist and if they don't get it, people they care about will get it & probably twice as bad. It's not worth my energy to get upset.

What would you have done?

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand what happened. What does the ahhhh mean? Perhaps they were talking to each other, and just when hubby was passing them they were realting a story with ahhh in it? I'm lost.

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
eh, some people can just be jerks. they think its funny to mess with people, when in reality they showed their cards when they walked away after being yelled at. They want to bother you but dont want to fight. How old were they?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sound real mature
Rob would also probably would have responded with a string of profanity.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so strange
I wouldn't have done anything either other than wonder why they are so weird.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

That is so strange
I wouldn't have done anything either other than wonder why they are so weird.
I've never heard of such a thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Perhaps they were talking to each other, and just when hubby was passing them they were realting a story with ahhh in it?
Perhaps; but both of them bent down (both are taller than hubby) & faces us while making the loud sound. I don't think they were relating a story.

Originally Posted by save_adopt

eh, some people can just be jerks. they think its funny to mess with people, when in reality they showed their cards when they walked away after being yelled at. They want to bother you but dont want to fight. How old were they?
They look like in their early 20s/college kids. Still no execuse acting the way they are.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would probably be the one saying the profanity

I'm very vocal about stuff like that

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't see what the big issue is/was. They just said ahhh??
My wife and I would have looked at each other and just laughed. That way, if they did intend to offend us or something, they would have just gotten a laugh out of us and realised their actions didn't do anything.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't get it either. Where they yelling in your huband's ear just to be obnoxius? What a strange thing to do.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I don't understand what happened. What does the ahhhh mean? Perhaps they were talking to each other, and just when hubby was passing them they were realting a story with ahhh in it? I'm lost.
I'm with you.

However, I just would have ignored it and not given them the time of day. If whatever they did was intentional towards your husband, they were looking for a reaction and by the sounds of it they got one. Best to ignore people who try to get a rise out of you.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was assuming the ahhing was suppose to be a cat call?