Which Baby Should I Adopt?

allie&iki'smom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Texas, our Texas, all hail the mighty State!
Hi, all! I hope someone can help me make a decision that will effect me for potentially up to the next 40 years of my life.

I have written in depth about my 8-year-old Bengal cat Allie and the loss of her son Ikaika. With every passing day, she gets pickier and pickier, more and more lethargic, and she doesn't even get excited over her Fancy Feast Cod, Sole and Shrimp Dinner like she once did.

I think I know what is wrong with her. She's never been alone before. She went from a cattery to living with us and another cat, to having babies, to living with one of her babies. I think she needs a kitty friend.

I'll spare y'all the details of how I got to this part I'm about to cover; just know that, with the previous paragraph in mind, I am looking at two male Bengal kittens. Both are brown spotted with great Bengal- breed characteristics. Baby #1 is $1,200, and Baby #2 is $1,500. Please click here: http://fw.members.freewebs.com/Membe...lbumID=1334947 to see what they look like! I believe the breeder said both sets of photos were taken when the kittens were 1 week old.

The price of these kittens is irrelevant. I just want the best possible kitten from a humane, well-run, loving cattery, and this place certainly fills those requirements. The lady even turned her second bathroom into Bengal Bath, complete with cat tower where the toilet used to be!!!

Now, the question. You must choose, but choose wisely: Which one should I get? And don't say both because you have no idea how much I want to do that!!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The link did not work for me.
It said that I had to log in...
I am not a member.

I want to see the kitties.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto. Gave me a login screen and a "session time out" message

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO, through my experience, I think it should be less about what they look like and should be much more about their individual purrsonalities.

My bengal breeder listened to my description of my other cat's purrsonalities, and then provided me with the cat that he thought would best blend in. And then several months later, with another. And now all 4 of my cats are living happy, playful lives!

Definitely have a discussion and see what the breeder would recommend based upon your description of your girl's personality.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fell in love with Zoey our female bengal from her picture on breeders website. There was something about her picture and I wanted to meet her. It was a inner bell thing... Don't ask

I went and looked at all the available kittens and chose Zoey. As a kitten Zoey wasn't miss personality she had her moments of biting and being mean. I wondered if I had made the wrong choice.I worked with her and gave her all my love. Now I know I made the right choice. Zoey has turned into one of the best cats that I have ever had. She is my cat and loves me very much. She turned into a very happy playful girl. When I get up in the morning Zoey is the first to run in the room to see me. She is so happy to see me and runs through the house playing and talking! We are forming a really strong bond.

By listening to my heart I have another soul cat in my life!!!

Go with what your heart tells you

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

The link did not work for me.
It said that I had to log in...
I am not a member.

I want to see the kitties.
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Ditto. Gave me a login screen and a "session time out" message
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I can't see the kitties!
i can't see them, either!

Originally Posted by GingersMom

IMO, through my experience, I think it should be less about what they look like and should be much more about their individual purrsonalities.

My bengal breeder listened to my description of my other cat's purrsonalities, and then provided me with the cat that he thought would best blend in. And then several months later, with another. And now all 4 of my cats are living happy, playful lives!

Definitely have a discussion and see what the breeder would recommend based upon your description of your girl's personality.
since the price difference isn't an issue, can you visit them & see which one's purrsonality you prefer, as well?