Help - is Alex getting a cold?? or does he just need Kitty Claritin?? Help X_X

didi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Uhhh
soo this week after the vet visit i noticed Alex started sneezing a lot
my mom is visiting from MD and she said when she was cleaning the house he kept trying to get into cleaning supplies/etc but as far as she could tell he didnt really successfully get into any- but hes been sneezing since Wednesday

last night i picked out a whole lotta boogers out of both nostrils
just now I just picked out some more out another

will Coco get the cold too..does ALex HAVE the cold? is there something I can do other than "take kitty to the vet"?

uh so, just sneezing, and booger/wet/nose
still eating like a maniac, and running around the house like a maniac/still just as playful, still no sign of ever wanting to go to sleep X_X;;
no typical "hi i have a flu" symtom, unless he's got allergies? do cats have allergies? o_O;;;

cuz he kind of reminds me of a kid with a snotty nose cuz he's got allergies but not a flu.. eyes have a bit of boogers too X_X;;

is it too late or should i take both cats, no signs of anything from Coco, they tolerate each other now but she doesn't get too close to him

-help X_X

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Info on cats with colds. As the link says, regularly wipe off the mucus and watch out for loss of appetite, eye discharges and any signs of lethargy.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long after going to the Vet did the sneezing start? Last Dec I took Meeko for blood tests and after that she had almost a 105 fever and cold. It came from the Vets. Then Coco got it. You need to watch for a green or yellow discharge.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He likely got an Upper Respiratory Infection at the vet's office. You may need to take him in, because it can get pretty serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

didi86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

He likely got an Upper Respiratory Infection at the vet's office. You may need to take him in, because it can get pretty serious.
uhh >< well his boogers on his nose is like,, yellow/greenish? (i have to kind of pick them off before i go to bed w/ damp towel/my fingers X_X;

he's Mews still sound normal (doesn't sound sticky/cloggy)
I will try to take him in this weekend since I work 9 - 5 and the vet closes around 4

and I took him to the vet on Sat, saw the symptoms around wednesday

and I saw some white stuff in his pee.. UMMMM ??

other than that, he's eating normal (aka. A LOT X_X;
, playing a lot (aka. playing like.. 18 hours of the day + always running, jumping, clawing, attacking, etc) - and honestly besides the snotty nose he's normal?

its just funny since my brother (who's 7) is visiting with my mom, and whenever he is sitting on the couch watching TV, alex will sit there too, and my brother has slight cat allergies (enough to get a snuffy nose and sneezes), and of course alex who insists on following him around all day, is sneezing and all "allergy" like, the two of them are really really cute since its like they're allergic to each other but still wanna play with each other, ><;;

I will keep an eye out...for now im hoping its just a "minor" cold (if there is such thing)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suggest calling the vet and describing what you told us ... IMHO it does sound like a URI which can become life threatening if not treated

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yep sounds like what pepe had and he had a URTI and he's on meds for it I suggest you take him back to the vet soon!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I suggest calling the vet and describing what you told us ... IMHO it does sound like a URI which can become life threatening if not treated
call them... & ask about the pee, too!