I just met Patrick McDonnell!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
(The creator of the Mutts comic strip, for those who don't know who that is. www.muttscomics.com ) He did a book signing today about 45 minutes from where I live for his new book, Shelter Stories.

It's a collection of his Shelter Stories strips with pictures of fan's pets and bits about the pets. I submitted Bunny for that but she didn't make it. Still it was totally cool to get the book autographed and everything. He was asking if you wanted Mooch or Earl drawn in the book and of course I went for Mooch!

The best part is that the bookstore put all proceeds from today's signing to area shelters, and you got to pick which shelter you wanted to send your contribution to. I had pre-ordered the book online so I've had mine a while, but we bought another copy for a gift. I wasn't thinking clearly or I'd have gotten one of his other books that I don't have to be signed. I was just really excited that he was doing a signing in the area. Excited enough to fight the parking and tourist traffic there! I've been a Mutts fan for a while now and have a growing collection of Mutts things. (Shirts, pj's, figurines, books, etc...) This day was just tooo cool for me!