*****KatKwery! - June 21 - Standings*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday luvmycat1 used more and wildfile203 used know. Never, every, and part were not used.

Where do you keep your pictures of cats? Do you have any kind of backup for your cat pictures? Have you used the managed attachment feature of TCS before? Are you aware of the fact (former KatKwiz question) that I probably have a lot more storage than you do on TCS and why? Do you know how to compress pictures to conform to the managed attachment requirements?

Latest KatKwery Standings
Includes through 6/20

Glitch - 6300
Laureen227 - 4900
Marianjela - 4200
MuleNag - 3500
Whiteforest - 3500
Luvmycat1 – 3500
Monaxlisa - 2800
Catkiki - 2800
Kluchetta - 2100
Silvionc - 2100
Zoeysmom - 2100
Rabernet - 2100
Wildfire203 - 1400
Pipersjo - 700
Yam102284 - 700
Pippy-pops - 700

Octoberâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s payout: 102,000
Member names in bold would be in the playoffs if held today.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Yesterday luvmycat1 used more and wildfile203 used know. Never, every, and part were not used.

Where do you keep your pictures of cats? Do you have any kind of backup for your cat pictures? Have you used the managed attachment feature of TCS before? Are you aware of the fact (former KatKwiz question) that I probably have a lot more storage than you do on TCS and why? Do you know how to compress pictures to conform to the managed attachment requirements?
I havee my pictures of the cats on dvds and saved on the computers memory which we all know could go horribly wrong at any moment! I have used the manage attachments thing before at the one katkwiz where we had to try to attach a file! I think you have more storage because you are a paying member and they get more storage! More room for stuff, bigger signatures and stuff like that! A benefit or whatever! I have tried to compress and stuff and apparently I dont have the know how to do it! So Im just waiting patiently for the answer to this one! I know the max is 32.5 KB
and a max width and heith of 400 but I just dont understand how to get it that way....

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my pictures on my hard drive and at some at photobucket. I need to put them on CD though in case my computer crashes. I never have used the managed attachment feature since I prefer to use Photobucket. You probably have more storage since you are a paying member. I cannot afford to be a paying member right now. I don't know how to compress pictures to conform to the managed attachments, but I know what to to in Photobucket to make sure they are the right size.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of Popsie's pictures are on my Kodak Easy Share file in the computer. I don't have them back up but I guess I should. I have used the attachment feature here on TCS but I didn't know that you had more storage than others. I'm sure it's something to do with Katkwiz. I don't think I'm aware of how to compress a picture for the attachment. Actually I've only used the attachment feature a few times. I mainly put my pics on photobucket and post the link.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you keep your pictures of cats?
They're just in the standard folders where my camera puts them when I download them from my camera. I have an entire album devoted to printed pictures though

Do you have any kind of backup for your cat pictures?
I backup all my pictures on to discs.

Have you used the managed attachment feature of TCS before?
No I havent, I usually upload to photobucket and post from there.

Are you aware of the fact (former KatKwiz question) that I probably have a lot more storage than you do on TCS and why?
Well I assume that you have a lot more storage because youre a premium member (right?) and youve got a higher rank as far as how many posts you have and Im pretty sure that means you get more storage space.

Do you know how to compress pictures to conform to the managed attachment requirements?
Well, I know how to resize and save the image as a lower quality but I dont think thats what you mean...so I guess not!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I keep my TCS photos on my computer. I have an automatic backup system in place that once a day saves all new information on an external hard disk. I have learned from experience that losing your prized cat photos is, shall we say, not good. Everytime I post a photo on TCS I use an attachment so that I always have a record and have all the TCS photos together in a file that I can access and use in the future. The amount of storage you have is based on what level cat you are at. If you are a top cat you have 120K of storage but if you are a premium member, you have 800K. (Join now.) Using compression techniques with JPEG type photos, which I always use, I have not run out of storage yet.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it just me, or are there 2 KatKwery threads today?

Here's what I posted:

Where do you keep your pictures of cats? Do you have any kind of backup for your cat pictures?

My digital cat pictures are kept on my hard drive, in My Documents folder. I need to back them up to CD or my portable hard drive. I would be very sad if I ever lost all of my pictures! I just got them printed as well, so I think I might make up an album for all three of my cats. I also want to get a couple of frames (where would I put a frame, I don't know...the cats will knock them over anyway!).

Have you used the managed attachment feature of TCS before?

I think I used it once, to post a picture. Then, I figured out how to host pictures at another site and haven't used it since. I'm not entirely sure what the managed attachment feature is.

Are you aware of the fact (former KatKwiz question) that I probably have a lot more storage than you do on TCS and why?

I would not have automatically known that you had more storage on TCS? Is it because you are a paying member as CatKiki said? I read about usergroups a while ago, but have forgotten most of what I read. I don't really require a whole lot of storage.

Do you know how to compress pictures to conform to the managed attachment requirements?

Yes, but it is a bit of an annoyance! I completely understand the need, I just don't like doing it! I wish there was a way just to re-size pictures within a post (I know it would do nothing for attachment requirements).

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I keep all of my pictures (cats and kids) on my home computer. I have made backups of my pictures on CDs. I learned the hard way to not rely on my computer alone. A couple years ago my computer crashed and I lost all my pics. I especially miss the ones of Joshua before he was diagnosed.

My important data files are backed-up and stored on a Flash Drive.

I have used the managed attachment files on TCS, but because I dont have that much storage space, I find it easier to just use Photobucket or ImageShack - bonus is I now have pics stored on the net if I need them for something else.

I imagine a lot of poeple have more space than me
I do know that as your status/ranking grows so do your amenities - was ever so glad the day I "graduated" to a higher level and was able to make my animated avatar! I almost subscribed to the site a few months ago, but as always life happened, but one day... maybe as a birthday present
I realize I will get a lot of perks as a member including more space!

Anyway...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

well, if they were taken after February, i have CDs w/them on them... these were the pix i had at school. the school requested i remove most of them, to create more network space. i also have a lot of them @ photobucket, altho most of those have been resized. then i have some @ snapfish - that's where i go when i want physical pics [currently need to get an 8X10 of Firefox - everyone else has an 8X10 on the wall of my home. then there are snapshots all over the fridge, plus a snap of Mouse in the dining room. i also have some stored on the camera [taken in the last month or so]. these are also on the home computer. they're still on the camera 'cause i planned to upload them at school, too.
i've used the attachment format, but really prefer using a remote image hosting service, like photobucket. that way, i'm not limited as to how many pix i post.
i'm sure you have more space - don't remember why, but it makes sense, somehow... unless you're referring to the fact that premium members get more space. if that's the case, then you don't have more than i do, because i'm a premium member [we get more than non-premuim members - one of the perks of paid membership!].
since i prefer to use a remote host, i've never looked into how to compress my images. i do know how to resize them so that they don't get eaten by Chasey or Snax!

ETA: also, i am [for some unknown reason] unable to view attachments unless the picture shows
i can usually see yours, Lee, but if it's just the attachment link, i can't see it - ever