Tippy

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tippy is gone. He began to change dramatically this week, and knowing it would only get worse, and that it would not be appropriate to tap him again, we let him go this morning.

Tippy was a cat I saw as a vague shadow at the end of my driveway, sometime in 1999. He was thin, and looked very hungry and very wary.

The next time I saw him, I put food out behind a large shrub in front of our picture window. I watched to see if he would come, and eventually, I saw this severe thin blue tabby enter behind the shrub and begin to eat. A few minutes went by and he looked up to see me - we made eye contact, and he bolted.

It took me almost a year to go from that, to the cat who would greet our car (I was working outside the home at the time), and come trotting across our front lawn, who began napping on our backdeck every afternoon, who would come be with me when I was weeding the flower beds.
Finally, I could pick him up and we brought him to the vets for labs and a neuter.

He had bit my husband 3x during that year of taming him, severely...never, ever bit again after we brought him in.

Tippy had lovely green eyes, and a eraser sized bit of white just atop his tail - no white any where else, hence his name.

He gave hugs - putting both front legs around your neck. He gave snuffle ear kisses, and during this past year, when he had to have rare pseudocysts (fluid filled cysts around his kidneys) drained, he was so good he didn't have to have anesthesia for the procedure.

The tech we had today, told us he had many positive comments in his chart "Lovely as usual". He was an exceptional cat, my first rescue to live with us, and his trust was truly a gift worth more than gold.

I hate that you had PKD Tippy...we were all so stunned at the diagnosis...who expected a domestic shorthair tabby to have this?

Thank you for the love you gave, the biscuits you made just looking at me today, for winning the hearts of the vet techs who knew you and our vet. We all cried today, we will all miss you.

I look forward to seeing you again.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Tippy

I am so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, I was floored when I saw this. Just thinking about all you did to tame Tippy brought tears to my eyes.

Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge Tippy.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Pat I am so very very sorry. My condolences to you and your husband.

Rest In Peace Tippy

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Pat, I know that your heart is heavy.

Rest in peace sweet Tippy.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweet, speical boy Tippy was. I'm so sorry for your loss.

RIP Tippy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. I know this is nuts, but I swear I saw him once already..

We certainly are keeping Renovia busy this year with special memorial sculptures for us.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry to hear that Tippy has lost his fight... but now, he doesn't have to 'be good' for the vet - he's all healed & chasing
&
over the bridge!
for Tippy...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your boy.

Rest in peace Tippy

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was shocked to see his name in here, I am so sorry he lost his fight, but he had the best owner ever to help him. RIP little one.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if ever there was a cat destined to be with a family then that was tippy.

i'm so sorry. my heart goes out to you at this horrible time.

RIP precious soul. be happy and healthy across the bridge with all your friends.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat, I'm so sorry that Tippy is gone. This has been a really rough time for you and your family. I will say a prayer for Tippy's sweet little soul, and a prayer for you to find peace during this difficult time.

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Tippy sounds like such a sweetheart. Rest in Peace sweet Boy.