Temporary Home Needed

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need a temporary home (8-10 years) for our child since we are hardly able to tolerate her any more.

Formerly a kind, rational, loving kid (but always "spirited"), now a pre-adolescent who is rude, not completely honest, and can not learn anything because she already knows everything.

She likes to lash out with misplaced anger, she is able but not willing to clean her room, she tries to start fights when she is supposed to be helping, and is impossible to talk to.

If you want her to hear what you are saying, you have to say it at least three times, but that is no guarantee she will hear or do what you ask.

She is extremely intelligent. I don't know if that is a pro or con. No abuse allowed. We will pick her up in about a decade.

Thank you for your consideration.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmmm Stumpy sounds the same.... we can swap if you'd like?
Your daughter would be fine to be left here on her own to look after the kitties when we go away right?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I've known a few of those. Some of them even manage to practice such behavior at school and not at home, and then the parents won't believe it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

No, i'll pass thanks
You've just reminded me why i never wanted them
Do you want Nanny joe to come over?
LOL! She doesn't act that way around others; only around us where it is safe to try out stupid behaviors (and she knows we will love her anyway).

Originally Posted by sarahp

Hmmmm Stumpy sounds the same.... we can swap if you'd like?
Your daughter would be fine to be left here on her own to look after the kitties when we go away right?
Yes! Stumpy is adolescent-acting! How funny! Yes, the two are alike in many ways.

Originally Posted by mrblanche

Yeah, I've known a few of those. Some of them even manage to practice such behavior at school and not at home, and then the parents won't believe it.
IMO those parents are only acting like they don't believe it, or are in denial. I think most children act out at home first. They have anger and frustrations just like everyone else, and at home is where they first act out (and should be learning how to manage) those feelings. When it spills over to school, that means the child and parents need major help.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Funny coming across this thread this evening... I'm trying to get rid of my 7 year old stepson due to an inconsiderate friend giving him a glass of coke this morning! He has not stopped talking, cuddling, jumping, annoying and irratating since!

Any takers!?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I asked my hissy adolescent Lucy if she wanted another sister and she went over and swatted Carly again so I will have to pass.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Oh, I hear you!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will trade you, I have a hormonal 17 year old , with attitude, she is very bright, she knows everything . Althou I get a little tired of it.
I am glad that she saves it for me, Her teachers tell how wonderful and helpful she is,

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your daughter is a doll...I have seen her pics...I know she likes cats so she'd be good here, does she like to shop
My niece is 10 soon to be 11 she has been here for 2 weeks, I had to bring her home today and I am so sad

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

it's often the other way around - i've had parents look at me in disbelief when i praise their child's behavior - how cooperative s/he is, etc. so obviously s/he isn't that way at home...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Your daughter is a doll...I have seen her pics...I know she likes cats so she'd be good here, does she like to shop
My niece is 10 soon to be 11 she has been here for 2 weeks, I had to bring her home today and I am so sad
Sounds like you've found a taker! I'd jump on it if I were you!

Then again, I doubt Helen would give her back after ten years...would you Helen?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I asked my hissy adolescent Lucy if she wanted another sister and she went over and swatted Carly again so I will have to pass.
LOL!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Does she do windows?
Not yet but that's a good idea. Or we could send her to you and your brother can stop sending the goats?

Originally Posted by Bella713

Okay, ten years each and we'll share time with any grandkids.

Your niece is a very fortunate person to have you for an aunt!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

We need a temporary home (8-10 years) for our child since we are hardly able to tolerate her any more.

Formerly a kind, rational, loving kid (but always "spirited"), now a pre-adolescent who is rude, not completely honest, and can not learn anything because she already knows everything.

She likes to lash out with misplaced anger, she is able but not willing to clean her room, she tries to start fights when she is supposed to be helping, and is impossible to talk to.

If you want her to hear what you are saying, you have to say it at least three times, but that is no guarantee she will hear or do what you ask.

She is extremely intelligent. I don't know if that is a pro or con. No abuse allowed. We will pick her up in about a decade.

Thank you for your consideration.
I think I'll pass... I have a 10yr old who thinks he's 17

I keep teasing him that he's more hormonal then I am!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure I will take her but then you have to take the 2 dogs ( one with atypical cushings , age 12 and acts like it
.. an 8 yr old with epilepsy he is all boy) ... then the two cats Zoey age four semi feral and going thru her teens
and Sylvie a 7 month old baby)...

wanna switch??