Mosquitoes love me!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Manhattan, NY and work at a nursery in Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY. I have atleast 20 bites! If I escape them through the day at work, I come home and sure enough there are a few in the apartment that attack me sleeping or not! Tonight I sprayed off on me when I got home! Any one else share the same sweet blood mosquitoes crave!?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do! I walk outside for 5 mintues to let the dog out and walk in with a bite or 2
I itch really really badly from them too

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that I must have a little neon sign above my head that advertises a 24hour mosquito buffet. If I go outside for any period of time, I get Huge mosquito bites...they must take extra time to drink from me. The worst part is that Hubby never seems to get bit.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No but I still hate them for eating me alive when i was at Girl Guide camp as a kid! There don`t seem to be any here.

'Find someone else to chew' vibes!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you take vitamin B1(Thiamine) everyday it's supposed to help keep mosquito's away.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They love me as well, much to my dismay!
I try to put bug spray with deet on everytime i head outside at dark to help keep them away.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

They love me as well, much to my dismay!
I try to put bug spray with deet on everytime i head outside at dark to help keep them away.
Have you been eating Limburger cheese? The article suggest that's an attraction to mosquitos!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try mosquitos PLUS blackflies!
This spring has been the worst up at my cottage. No one has wanted to go up there because chunks of your flesh will literally go missing.

Then add some West Nile to the mix and it will keep even the adventurous indoors.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosquitos do not swarm to me even though while I was hoeing the veg garden this afternoon I smacked on on my arm. With all the rain we got about a week ago the state entomologist said the larvae got washed away so it will be another week to 10 days (oh yay 4th of July) before another crop comes. I have standing water (rain barrels) but a treat with BT israelinis which targets mosquito larvae which helps quite a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Then add some West Nile to the mix and it will keep even the adventurous indoors.
Last night I was bitten 6 times sleeping, in my home! Sneaky suckers, whatever body parts are exposed they attack! My ankle, neck, back, anything! I have a back rooftop and often have to sweep any stagnant water, but I guess not good enough! Last night one bit me 3 times on the back of my calf where I am sun burnt, sooooo itchy! They also seem to love to bite me on my tattoos, which are already sensitive and swell from minor irritations.....

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ugh they love me too. And where I work we are outside a lot during the day and everyone else will be fine but I will come in with 8 - 10 bites almost every day. Its so annoying!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They don't seem to like me all that much - occasionally one or two will land on me.

Rob gets absolutely mauled by the mosquitos - he's always got bites when its skeeter-season!

There are a ton of cars here that have a sticker with a picture of a mosquito saying "South Carolina State Bird"

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was out to the MIL's yesterday and I must say I have bites in some very uncomfortable places! I have bites on my arm that are litterally stacked on each other! Swelled up all huge like they always do because I CAN'T NOT SCRATCH THEM! They need to be scratched because they itch! Then I have the one on my butt... aw yes... How talented I am! Thats it no more perfume for me!