Not looking forward to this weekend

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend is John's family's annual reunion. It's held in a small town in Kentucky, about three hours away from here. John's grandpa was born and raised there. The reunion is Sunday afternoon but John's grandpa wants to go down tomorrow and stay overnight and then come back on Sunday evening.

When this was planned a month ago, I offered to stay here and take care of the horses and the other animals as well. John's brother will be here but he doesn't do anything with the horses at all. But now that the time has come, I'm soooo scared. I'll be virtually alone from 6 a.m. tomorrow until sometime Sunday evening.

Well, John's brother will be here but he won't even talk to me, so he's not going to be much in the way of company. I'll have the animals of course. I'm not worried about safety or anything like that, like I said John's brother will be here plus a couple big dogs and some guns as well.

But I absolutely cannot sleep alone and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself all weekend. I don't have any girl friends that can come and stay over and keep me company... they're all busy.

On the plus side, I guess it'll give me a lot of time to catch up on some cleaning that I've been avoiding. But still, I hate the thought of having to sleep alone tomorrow night.

Anyone got any suggestions for good movies that I can rent to keep me occupied overnight? Nothing scary though, I can't watch scary movies when I'm alone! Comedies would be preferred!

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't rent movies, but I would suggest getting a stack of books or magazines you always wanted to read. Or I would get out a cookbook and make some things I've always wanted to try, but never had time for.

Think about it for a while; there must be something you've always wanted to do, but either had to work or didn't have enough time, or no one else wanted to do it.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
watch comedies! I know how it is to have to sleep alone ( I hate it too) and I find comedies are the best way to go

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mz Kitty

Think about it for a while; there must be something you've always wanted to do, but either had to work or didn't have enough time, or no one else wanted to do it.
Actually there's really nothing I can think of. I'd love to be able to get out and ride my new horse but I won't ride when I'm alone so I won't be able to ride him now until Monday.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awww, howcome you don't like sleeping alone? I am so used to it
I just really hate it. I think it's because the bedroom is in the basement and it creeps me out being down here all alone.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my husband and I rent movies, we typically rent action/adventure movies rather than comedies, so I don't have much in the way of comedy to recommend.

We just rented National Treasure 2 last week and we liked it quite a lot. It does have a lot of funny parts, and it is never scary. Sometimes it is exciting, but it is not scary. If you haven't seen the first National Treasure, you could watch them both. That would kill a lot of time!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

On the plus side, I guess it'll give me a lot of time to catch up on some cleaning that I've been avoiding. But still, I hate the thought of having to sleep alone tomorrow night.

Anyone got any suggestions for good movies that I can rent to keep me occupied overnight? Nothing scary though, I can't watch scary movies when I'm alone! Comedies would be preferred!
Hola Brit!..

So sorry if you have to spend that time alone....It would be great to live near to keep company...

Don´t feel alone, you have TCS, the members from the other side of the world will be on line for sure my friend...
...maybe this a great opportunity to meet to some from other country in real time...

May I suggest as a movies for example, The Ring, The others and the Exorcist for your rant of movies?

....JUST KIDDING MY FRIEND!

Seriously....
How about some oldies, for example
-ACE VENTURA pet detective? ( jim Carrey )
-Home alone ( with Mac Culkin)
-Analys this ( R deniro )
For sure you´re going to spend a great time...

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The bedroom being in the basement would creep me out, too.

In & Out with Kevin Kline is really funny.
Clue is a great movie.
Empire Records is a classic.
The 40-Year-Old Virgin, if you haven't seen it, is pretty funny, too.

Good luck!

Tricia