Smudge is so weird

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Titus will knock dry food on the floor and eat it. He's the only one out of the 7 that does that. Thankfully he doesn't do it all the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She only knocks out about 2 pieces of food at a time. So she ends eating for half the day

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

She only knocks out about 2 pieces of food at a time. So she ends eating for half the day
I was going to say - she must spend all day eating at that rate! Cute!

My brother had a little calico once who only liked eating dog food. She used to climb up on the bag, reach down with her paw, and grab a few pieces at at time to eat.

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha! Soooo cute!!
Ringo does that too, but with her wet food and in not such a refined manner - more with a "I've got to attack my foods" attitude. She's such a MESS!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Smudge also occasionally dips her paw into her water and then licks her paw. Silly girl

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Petunia would take a few bits into her mouth and walk about 2 feet from the bowl, drop them and then eat each one individually. No wonder she was always skinny.

It is amazing what little quirks they have.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squee does it all the time, and Scratch will do it a few times a week. It's so cute!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Damita
always did that. I assumed it was a vision thing.
i was thinking the same thing... maybe a habit she developed before she could really see?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Damita
always did that. I assumed it was a vision thing.
We did wonder that - not sure if because the bowl is dark and the food is dark she kept smacking her nose, and the lighter mat makes it easier to see the food.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be a sight thing, it's awfully cute anyway

My Bella (who has no known sight problems) likes to eat this way too sometimes. As a result a portion of her daily dry food goes into a "puzzle box" where she spends all day getting it out a piece or two at a time

It also paces her and keeps the speed related puking to a minimum.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Rainbow Bridge boy, Snoopy, used to dip his paw into the wet food, and eat it like his paw was a spoon. Then after putting the paw to his mouth and feeding himself, he would shake off the excess on to the wall. He never put his face in the food like most cats. I though it was adorable, except for the fact that I was always having to wash the wall to get the food specks off.

Simba takes a mouth full of dry food then walks away from the food dish, and empties it all out of the floor, then eats it normally, but from the floor.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack does it... no known sight problems there... he was just running like a bat outta h*** a few minutes ago.

I call it "Goin' Fishin'" because Jack sits right next to the bowl, looks at it, fake-dips his paw a few times, then goes in, pulls a few pieces out and they land on the mat. Even if I'm elsewhere in the apartment, I can tell when he's eating! I hear the food hit the mat.

Amanda

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kit prefers to eat off the floor
But if he must eat from a bowl, the first thing he does is remove a few pieces of the dry food (if he's getting a dry meal) and drop them into the water dish. Then he leaves them there and proceeds to eat the rest from his bowl like a perfect gentleman.

Nothing I love more than seeing dry cat food floating in his water bowl, expanding and dissolving

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My brother's cat does that alot, and he never finishes every bite of food, so there are always alot of crumbs around the dish. It gives my poor mother one more thing to clean up, but what can you do? Crazy kitties!