*****KatKwery! - June 20 - 4 more*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's winners were rabernet with also, zoeysmom with aware, laureen227 with every and glitch with list. Same was not used.

How long were you with TCS before you knew what a siggy was? How long were you with TCS before you had your first siggy (if ever)? Do you make your own siggies (why or why not)? How often do you change what you are using for a siggy? How much of a 2,450 TCS siggy slide show could you watch?

rabernet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How long were you with TCS before you knew what a siggy was? How long were you with TCS before you had your first siggy (if ever)? Do you make your own siggies (why or why not)? How often do you change what you are using for a siggy? How much of a 2,450 TCS siggy slide show could you watch
I knew from the first day what a siggy was, as I have siggies on other forums - none as nice as these are though!

EnzoLeya was very kind and made a siggy for me of just Sammy when I first joined (within the first week), and I didn't even have to ask her for it - she surprised me with it in my in-box! I thought that was very sweet!

I don't make my own signatures, because I'm creatively challenged! LOL And I think I have a bit of ADD - if I can't figure something out right away, I get bored and start looking for other things to do. And I don't have Photoshop on my computer either.

I'm not sure how much of the slideshow I could watch. Do they constantly update it with new signatures? I looked for mine that I asked to be made (that I'm using now) and didn't see it in there. But I'm sure the folder is so large it's probably full!

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've only been here for a couple of months almost half a year I think but, I knew what a Siggy was before I came to TCS cause I've been using forums for a long time (even though I didn't know what a DH, SO was before) I don't have a real siggy yet because I don't have a cat yet. My siggy is just a quote form the Art of War. I change the quote in my siggy when ever I find a better quotes I like. I do plan on making one of my own when I get my two purfect Somali kittens (hopeful sooner rather then later). I'll probely combine thier picture with some 3D art I do.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Yesterday's winners were rabernet with also, zoeysmom with aware, laureen227 with every and glitch with list. Same was not used.

How long were you with TCS before you knew what a siggy was? How long were you with TCS before you had your first siggy (if ever)? Do you make your own siggies (why or why not)? How often do you change what you are using for a siggy? How much of a 2,450 TCS siggy slide show could you watch?
Seconds, maybe minutes! I saw the beautiful pieces of artwork that everyone else had and was desperate to have one! I wasn't here very long before I got my first signature, needless to say I didn't read the rules where it said what level you needed to be at to put a request in at the signature request thread! I do not have the talent to make my own siggys! Although I HAVE tried! I prefer to have someone else make something beautiful instead of me putting up some piece of crud that looks terrible! Ummm I dont think I could watch much of it... Ill go find it and try to watch it and then Ill tell ya! I havn't at this point tried to watch it... Ive read some of the basic stuff for making of signatures, but the fact is that my talent does not lie in art!!
So I just show off what others have made for me!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was here at least a few months before I got my first signature. Someone made it for me because I don't have any photo programs on my computer. I change it around every few months probably. I could probably stand to watch about 50 siggys in a 2,450 slide show. I guess I need to start adding more to my Katkwery replies so I have a better chance of getting the secret word.
I'd love to make my own siggys but those programs are just so expensive.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I knew what a siggy was before I got here. I frequent other forums and found out about them from there. I still don't have a fancy siggy. I know there are members here that offer their skills and will make one for me, but I just haven't taken the time to gather pics of all of the furkids. I'm not that good at photo editing so I haven't attempted one of my own. The siggys that I do see on her are incredible and there are some very talented people here at TCS!

The slide show contains over 2K siggys!?!? Holy cow!! Nope, doubt I'd ever make it through that!
Sorry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I figured out what siggy was about the same time DH dawned on me (a couple of weeks.) I then made my own siggy for just the one cat I had at the time. I have changed my siggy quarterly (4 times a year). Now that we have cat photos by our username, I use my siggy to promote KatKwiz and KatKwery. I let the slide show run through the first 200 siggies, I actually plan to view them all over time.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

not too long... i made my 1st sigs, before we had the sig request thread. then i asked a member to make me some, which i no longer use [beautiful as they are] because they don't show all of the cats, now. my sig making skills are quite limited, as i don't have PS. i do have access to Gimp at work, but haven't figured out how to make sigs w/it
my 1st ones were made w/MSpaint, btw. i change about once a week, myself. i probably couldn't watch a sig show w/that many sigs in it!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I figured out what siggy was about the same time DH dawned on me (a couple of weeks.) I then made my own siggy for just the one cat I had at the time. I have changed my siggy quarterly (4 times a year). Now that we have cat photos by our username, I use my siggy to promote KatKwiz and KatKwery. I let the slide show run through the first 200 siggies, I actually plan to view them all over time.
Ummm no! It would take me a year to get through all those and by then there would be new ones and Id have to start all over!! Thank godd for the siggy people! Thanks to all of them!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I cant remember how long it took me to get a signature, but I dont think it was long! I love how they allow us to personalize and add flair to our messages! I made mine myself. My first one was of our dog and cat photoshopped together. I still had it on when I came back this year, but it was over the limit - that is when I changed to my current signature, which I also made myself, but it was originally designed as a bumper sticker for a contest I was in... just decided it made a good siggy too

I dont rotate my signatures, although I have thought about making a new one. I like how some people change theirs for the seasons or holidays. I get bored easily... you should see how often I rearrange my living room!

I didnt realize there was a siggy slide show until just tonight, I started watching it and got through 348 before I quit. I kind of cheated and advanced through them faster than the slide show time was set up for. There are a lot of nice designs on there, I definitely will have to go back and check more out when it's not so late.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe when I joined siggys were not as prevalent as they are now. I made a few of my own with Elsa's kittens and some of Smudge 1 - but my best siggys were made by other people.